War of the Week - Clone Wars

Choose one and support your vote with cannon evidence.

Massive GAR victory
No votes
Impressive GAR victory
29%
Moderate GAR victory
57%
Minimal GAR victory
14%
Pyrrhic GAR victory
No votes
Pyrrhic CIS victory
No votes
Minimal CIS vitory
No votes
Moderate CIS victory
No votes
Impressive CIS victory
No votes
Massive CIS victory
No votes

Total votes: 7
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

War of the Week - Clone Wars

Post by Deepcrush »

CLONE WARS

A galaxy wide war matched between the GAR (Grand Army of the Republic) and the CIS (Confederacy of Independent Systems). http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Wars

For us though, there is a change. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine has fallen. In the Battle of Coruscant, the Jedi rescue plans failed. Droid forces held back the Jedi for several minutes while the Invisible Hand attempted to make its escape. During this time a pair of Venator class warships attacked the Invisible Hand. Sending it crashing down onto the planet below. As before, the ship was split in two as its crew tried to save it. Count Dooku and Palpatine were left stranded on the aft half of the ship. Both were killed in the landing along with tens of thousands of people who were at the point of impact. Grievous survived, ordering his crew to abandon ship shortly before the crash.

Changes to the Timeline.
1.) Order 66 is no longer a factor. This is due to Palpatine's death and no one else having the ability to use the command. A second effect is that the Clone Troops are now loyal only to the Jedi Order as the last they had been told was to serve under the Jedi.

2.) The Jedi are in control of the Republic's war effort. Palpatine's efforts for power have left few departments able to operate without him. The Jedi were forced to take total control of the GAR for sake of the Republic. This was supported and even asked for by the Senate who was left in a state of panic by the recent battle and loss of its figure head.

3.) Jedi Master Yoda is now by effect the leader of the Republic.

Terms of victory
Massive GAR victory - The Republic sweeps away the CIS with little trouble.
Impressive GAR victory - The Republic fights well enough that victory was without doubt but still hard fought.
Moderate GAR victory - The Republic slowly but surely beats back the CIS but with heavy losses.
Minimal GAR victory - The Republic has suffered harshly to this war. Though victorious, it will take a long time to heal.
Pyrrhic GAR victory - Though victory is theirs, the Republic is on the verge of falling apart from the cost of the war.

Stalemate - Neither side is able to gain a stance over the other. (choose your own outcome & strength of each power)

Pyrrhic CIS victory - The CIS defeats the Republic only to find its own members bandrupt and fighting over whats left.
Minimal CIS vitory - The CIS defeats the Republic and forces its Independence though is unable to destroy the GAR in whole.
Moderate CIS victory - The CIS continue pressing the GAR forces. Droid armies slowly crush the GAR, but at heavy price.
Impressive CIS victory - The CIS fights well enough that victory is without doubt but still hard fought.
Massive CIS victory - The endless droid armies stamp out the Republic in a crushing victory.

Both sides are now fighting without the Sith pushing its influence. This will be a total war where either side would take whatever advantages it can get.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: War of the Week - Clone Wars

Post by Mikey »

Moderate GAR victory.

#1 - the GAR won without the Jedi in the "real" timeline - with the Jedi Order intact and Yoda calling the shots, they're even stronger.

#2 - the reverse - the CIS is now fighting without the assistance of Dooku. This might have a minimal effect on actual individual battles, but would have a greater effect on the organization, morale, and mettle of non-droid CIS units.

I understand that in the "real" timeline, the CIS was actually set up to fail - this is why I downgraded to "moderate victory" from my initial inclination.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

By the time the Battle of Coruscant came around the CIS had already lost. The Republic was on a full war footing, the main Separatist bases in the Outer Rim were under siege and falling one by one, and only Palpatine's influence allowed them to hold back the Republic's forces. There'd still be some hard fighting ahead - Grievous was an effective commander, the sieges took time, and the CIS was still capable of mounting small-scale offensives such as the sneak attack on Coruscant and the offensive against Kashyyyk. They could not, however, continue withstand the Republic in the medium to long term.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

GAR victory. While it was Palpatine who caused the CIS to collapse, by the time of the Battle of Coruscant the damage to the CIS was already done. The war drags on for a few more months, maybe even a few years, but it still ends in a GAR victory.

If Palpatine was killed at the start of the war (around the time of Geonosis, for example), however, I think things would have gone to a CIS victory.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I had thought about killing off Palpatine early on but it just didn't work well. I wanted a war that stayed as close to the Real Timeline as possible. The death of Dooku and the Invisible Hand were cannon, I just added Palpatine's death. The Jedi were already respected and had talked about taking power.

I myself voted for a minimal Republic victory.

The outer rim was still a coin flip between the GAR and the CIS. Where the droid armies often matched the clones in ground battles. The fleet battles were a whole new matter. The Republic Fleet was far superior to the CIS and this leads me to believe that a long drawn out war would sooner or later land victory in the hands of the Republic.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Minimal GAR victory. Lots of problems within.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Wow, this one sucks...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I think so too...............
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I thought that was so obvious, I didn't feel a need to point it out. But now that you mention it... :P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Seeing how strong the CIS still was at the end of the war. I thought for sure there would be some here who would have voted for them. Or at the least have some people go into detail about their thoughts on it. We had some but not many. I was looking for thoughts on the internal workings of the CIS, or economy or whatever. People seem to have gotten very lazy around here.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I concede on the point of lazyness :france:; I didn't even vote, as I don't know any canon information on the strength of either side.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You're all a bunch of damned frenchmen! :P
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I don't think the question of the winner ever was in doubt. The Republic is very flexable for taking losses and rebuilding and counter attacking. Its stood for 25k years and has fought many Empires. The way its setup somehow must be a testament to how much pounding it can take.While we don't see this too much in the books and films the fact that it has endured so long must mean it can take near destruction and bounce back. And indeed it even bounced back after the Empire. It was only the conquest of a third of the Galaxy that brought it down.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Monroe wrote:And indeed it even bounced back after the Empire. It was only the conquest of a third of the Galaxy that brought it down.
Rot. The Republic didn't "bounce back" - it was subsumed into the Empire, collapsed thanks to Palpatine's machinations after Endor, and was replaced by a bunch of blithering idiots who promptly ran the galaxy into the ground.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

It still returned. A few other cases the Republic had nearly ceased to be but came back. Its got some elasticity to it.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-