'Breen' having 'Thots'

Deep Space Nine
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

'Breen' having 'Thots'

Post by Granitehewer »

Ok, horrendous pun out of the way, but admittedly ''Breen having thoughts" wasn't as fun a title.

I relegated this thread to DS9 as this was where we saw the Breen from 'Indiscrection' onwards.

What would people like to have seen if assimilated Breen Drones had appeared on the show? Would people prefer the air of mystery and basically see a Breen retain its helmet et al (and thus maintaining the sense of mystery), or would people have rather seen the Breen sans helmet, appearing as a rodent or weevil faced alien, a ball of light (it's been cannon that the Borg can assimilate non-corporeal beings since 'The Omega Directive') or perhaps as something else the designers could think up?

PS: If, in contradiction to Mortal Coil, the Kazon were deemed worthy of assimilation, would people have preferred the Drones had their ridiculous masses of hair shaved off, or retained?

PPS: Do you think it would be possible to assimilate Tholians?

This post has been slightly editted to make it clearer for people to read, due to the comments of several posters - [Rochey]
PTLLS (Tees Achieve), DipHE App Bio (Northumbria), BSc Psychology (Teesside), Comparative Planetology (LJMU), High Energy Astrophysics (LJMU), Mobile Robotics/Physics (Swinburne), Genetics (SAC), Quant Meths (SAC)
https://www.facebook.com/PeterBrayshay
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: 'Breen' having 'Thots'

Post by Mikey »

#1 - I'd have liked to see Breen drones with something - either their own suits or a Borg-produced analog - to continue to protect the Breen organic component, which would presumably prefer the same environments that living Breen do.

#2 - I'd prefer to see the Kazon with their entire craniums shaved off, not just the hair.

#3 - Assuming that nanoprobes are at least partially electrical in nature, I think Tholians would be excellent recipients.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ok I am slighty drunk right now but that post is fucking impossible to read. Even I make more sense than that most time and I have the english skills of a retarded 5 year old.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The problem is that you're only "slightly" drunk. Get sh*t-faced, and it'll make perfect sense. :lol:
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Teaos wrote:Ok I am slighty drunk right now but that post is f***ing impossible to read. Even I make more sense than that most time and I have the english skills of a retarded 5 year old.
So you're saying that there is a difference between you and a 5 year old...? :P
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:So you're saying that there is a difference between you and a 5 year old...?
Yes, he said that he had "english skills of a retarded 5 year old." His other skills are probably below that. :P

(JK, Teaos - that's for the "older than dirt" cracks. :wink: )
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

You boys just wait till he sobers up! (whenever the hell that'll be :mrgreen: )
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Granitehewer wrote:Ok horrendous pun out of the way, but admittedly ''been having thoughts' was less fun of a title.
i relegated this thread to ds9 as this was were we saw the breen from 'indiscretion' onwards..
What would people like to have seen if assimilated breen borg drones would have been seen onscreen,would people prefer the air of mystery and basically see a breen retain its helmet et al(and thus sense of mystery) or would people have rather seen the breen sans helmet, eg as a rodentine/weevil faced alien, ball of light(its cannon that the borg have assimilated non-corporal beings eg 'the omega directive') or whatever else the creators deigned it to be?
Ps if as opposed to 'mortal coil', the kazon were deemed worthy of assimilation,would people have preferred the drones had their ridiculous masses of hair shaved off or retained?
PPs, think tholian borg are possible?
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

What's with the Pulp Fiction bit???? :mrgreen:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Bryan - absolutely awesome. :laughroll:
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Do the bible quote!!!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

:lol:
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Mikey wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:So you're saying that there is a difference between you and a 5 year old...?
Yes, he said that he had "english skills of a retarded 5 year old." His other skills are probably below that. :P

(JK, Teaos - that's for the "older than dirt" cracks. :wink: )
You know you don't have to justify your insults like that :P I know back in your day they still taught manners and stuff in school but that stuff went out of style in the 40's :P
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

This was off topic second post. Amazing!
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang