ARIEL - Palyetrov missile boat

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

ARIEL - Palyetrov missile boat

Post by Reliant121 »

Palyetrov missile boat

Sarakov naval yards Project 564

The Palyetrov missile boat is one of the premier light attack ships within the Terran Alliance forces. Equipped with the long range Blitzkrieg missiles, she has enough firepower to obliterate ships much larger in size than herself. Her air defense missiles are potent and fast, capable of intercepting all aerial targets. Her laser cannons are meant for short range confrontations, and are well suited to the task. The Morahk sphere pulse radar system has a range of 800 nautical miles and provides an effective fire control system.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: ARIEL - Palyetrov missile boat

Post by Sionnach Glic »

When you say "missile", do you mean missile launcher? Because just 5 missiles seems very low.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

yeah that was my meaning. I realize that number is extraordinarily low, there are reloads. I haven't decided on the number as of yet.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Four missiles of the size depicted is about right for a craft that size - it's effectively an upscaled analogue of the Osa class.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

That was my intention. Alot of the designs for the Sarakov ships are taken from Russian inspiration. I'm working on a frigate at the moment. I've found some helping items on Shipbucket for radar/gun/missile designs so hopefully it should be better quality.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Fair enough.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Reliant121 wrote:The Morahk sphere pulse radar system has a range of 800 nautical miles
How does it see so far over the horizon?
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

this is where holes appear as i am not exactly a profound expert...
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

GrahamKennedy wrote:How does it see so far over the horizon?
It might be bouncing the signal off the upper atmosphere (the ionosphere maybe?) and the surface. This would probably be more realistic if a technobabble sensor system were used rather than radar.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

A large point of terran tech is that they term things by archaic names even if they arent. sonic-sensor systems are sonar, the radar isnt technically radar. Prop is the term of the water-jet engine. Nostalgic terms are used almost completely.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Fair enough then.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Terran's have seen other cultures, namely the Misali, loose they're cultural identity to technology and to time. And they do not want that to happen. Alot of architecture is traditional of its nation, alot of names are old fashioned. They are so bent on not loosing their identity.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I ask the radar question because I had a thought about it a while back, but no real place to use it.

I envisaged a future society which had forcefield technology. One application was to use a field generator to project a sort of "virtual radar dish"; shape a forcefield into a suitable shape above the ship or base, then fire a radar beam up at it which is reflected off to the side. By adjusting the shape of the field you can slew it around and scan it up and down just like any normal dish. Reflected radar waves hit the field and are reflected back down to the detector array.

The advantage being, there's no limit to how far up you project this virtual radar dish. It's like having an AWACS permanently on station right above you, but one which could just as easily be at 50,000 or 100,000 feet rather than whatever an aircraft is limited to. Range could be almost unlimited - anything up to half of the entire world's surface, in theory.

Just a thought.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

considering i hadn't really worked out the technical aspect of the tech, that seems pretty good.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Maybe it's a QUANTUM radar...

Sorry. :oops:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer