3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

ARIEL - Al-Kazar Dreadnought {Nishari stellar guard}

Post by Reliant121 »

{the pic has some naming errors. sorry :worried: }

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii15 ... nought.jpg

Armament:- Primary: 2 DFC-01 high energy Fusion beam cannons
Secondary: 5 SPC-55 high energy plasma cannons
Tertiary: 32 AFM-101 stack missile launcher with 256 reloads, totaling 8 barrages
Auxiliary: 14 LPT-04 twin mount pulsed plasma turrets, Anti fighter configuration

Propulsion: 2 In'zahadi corperation MPG-05 mk 2 gravitational sub-light engines - speed of 1,500 Kilometres per second
1 In'zahadi corperation MPSD-01 mk 6 Slipstream core - rated mass reduction capability = Total mass elimination

The Al-Kazar dreadnought is the most modern dreadnought of the Nishari fleet, created on contract by the Stellar Guard's primary supplier, In'zahadi. Everything on board the ship was developed and constructed by the In'Zahadi corperation for the fleet. She may not be the most powerful vessel by Dreadnought standards, but she is definitely the most technologically refined vessel of her type. The Virtual Intelligence aboard is capable of over 10 trillion calculations per second, without doubt the most advanced VI computer in existance. Most of the weapons are auto-targeted, but there are always manual gunners on station in case of failure. 55% of the internal volume is taken up purely by the processors of the "Tantalus IX" VI. The lowest deck of the ship not set in the bottom fin is almost entirely inhabited by the barrel, fire control and cooling systems for the Fusion cannon's. The crew compliment of this ship is only 400, 1/3 of that you would find on most other dreadnoughts of this size. This is due to the high level of automation in the computers. All of this advanced technology is very expensive, and at least 4 of the current fleet have been made with financial assistance from the Triumvirate. In turn, these 4 dreadnoughts are recallable by the Triumvirate to defend the Bastion if necessary, while still remaining under direct Control of the Stellar Guard. This is unique among dreadnoughts in that it has no facilities at all to house fighters. There is not a single fighter bay on the ship, a rarity in modern vessels. As such, she is incapable of hosting fighters, and relies on other designs for fighter support. Another unique aspect is the ability to enter atmosphere. She is the only Dreadnought design to date capable of atmospheric flight, attributed to her large fins. This makes the design invaluable in planetary assaults as she is almost impervious to many ground battle weapons, allowing her to serve as a command post and a mobile weapons platform in prolonged planetary assaults. Her plasma cannon and fusion beam armament is also quite effective in planetary bombardment. It is predicted that one of these ships could obliterate the crust of a planet, a process known tactically as "Purging", in roughly 25 minutes.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: ARIEL - Al-Kazar Dreadnought {Nishari stellar guard}

Post by Mikey »

I like it. There's obviously been some thought put into the pros and cons, and one can easily tell that you set out with a purpose for this ship and were willign to sacrifice secondary abilities for that purpose.

Plus, it looks like a predatory fish or something. :D
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

You can't have all goods. Lack of fighters isn't amazingly bad, normally a ship of this size would be accompanied by a relatively large attendant fleet with at least 2 carrier config cruisers.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That's what I mean. You didn't fanboy it up.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The whole point is that the Nishari are advanced, yes. But they arent powerful. If they were fanboy advanced then they would have no reason to be in the Triumvirate.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Well, I still like it. So there.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

:P

I'll get the Terran or the Danarian one up at some point.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

This is a redrawn version, painted with MS Paint. I've kitted it with the standard hull paint. It is a little different from my original concept, but i cant recreate it exactly.