Our ship - Random stuff

Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Our ship - Random stuff

Post by Mark »

Oh, and can we NOT keep phasers in the galley? As the Paladin's chief of security I must take issue with unsecured arms in ludicrous places in the ship. So, no phaser rifles mounted over the toilets, please.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:Oh, and can we NOT keep phasers in the galley? As the Paladin's chief of security I must take issue with unsecured arms in ludicrous places in the ship. So, no phaser rifles mounted over the toilets, please.
Right ho, no phaser rifles. We should definately have a loo though.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mark wrote:Oh, and can we NOT keep phasers in the galley? As the Paladin's chief of security I must take issue with unsecured arms in ludicrous places in the ship. So, no phaser rifles mounted over the toilets, please.
Right ho, no phaser rifles. We should definately have a loo though.
Good point. We don't want people getting "creative" with airlocks
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

In addition to the medkits, can we have some fire extinguishers scattered around the place?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

This is a strech, so tell me what you think. Access ladders between decks. During normal operations they can be sealed, but as needed the can be opened either by the bridge, or on the spot by an authorized crewman. No more needing to crawl through Jefferies Tubes.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I think that, like the medkit idea, single phasers should be placed pretty regularly along places on the ship - but with locks requiring security/command authorisation [passcode and fingerprint recognition]. Then have fully fitted armouries with type 2s, rifles, canons etc.
And as said, all hand held weapons are to have laser sights, just something like a laser pen sellotaped to the top of it.

Also at the toilets - can you imagine walking past a sliding door that says "WC" on it :lol:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:Also at the toilets - can you imagine walking past a sliding door that says "WC" on it :lol:
Whoops, sorry. I thought this was warp core access. Continue about your business. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:laughroll:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Of course, the reverse would be equally embarassing...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:doh:

Wooops. Gives an all new meaning to a "core breach", doesn't it?
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Thats disgusting.

Fire extinguishers, Medkits are all....really sensible! lets take over Starfleet command. perhaps we can actually operate properly with our completely sensible ideas.

What about small engineering kits? you know, to fix up structural breaches, to weld a door shut if bad guys are boarding. And what about static defenses? Deployable, computer targeted phaser turrets, hiddin in the roof?
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Reliant121 wrote:Thats disgusting.

Fire extinguishers, Medkits are all....really sensible! lets take over Starfleet command. perhaps we can actually operate properly with our completely sensible ideas.

What about small engineering kits? you know, to fix up structural breaches, to weld a door shut if bad guys are boarding. And what about static defenses? Deployable, computer targeted phaser turrets, hiddin in the roof?
DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MANY TRIBBLES WE JUST KILLED!!?!?!?

:whack:
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Reliant121 wrote:Deployable, computer targeted phaser turrets, hiddin in the roof?
Those are one of those things that sound lovely in theory, but I doubt they would be practical. Think what would happen whenever one got activated by mistake.

Personally I would react to any boarding party by clearing the area and turning up the grav plating to ten gees. Leave it there for an hour and then go in and clean up the bodies.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'll second Graham's idea of allowing the grav plates to just squish someone.

I'd also like to propose we install blast doors throughout the ship to supplement damage containment. Forcefields are all well and good, but these ships are going into vicious battles. It's quite concievable that power could fail, or that power would have to be routed away from the forcefields, leaving the interior of the ship exposed to the void of space. Installing blast doors that close automaticaly whenever a hull breach or fire is detected would solve this problem nicely, along with generaly being more reliable.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'd say on several locations, perhaps once every 5 doors, you have a blast door. I'd structure it like this

Heavy structural door - Standard door - Heavy structural door

I'd use the blast doors only in an emergency.

And with the Defence turrets, makes good sense. Wasn't sure. Maybe you could have a advanced power management so if there was an issue with one malfunctioning, you could just cut power to that sections defence grid.