Voyager YATI's

Voyager
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Voyager YATI's

Post by Bryan Moore »

Okay, lets come up with the YATI lists. I love finding these.

I just noticed that in Equinox, Janeway describes Ransom as captain engaged in a 4 day cat and mouse with the Klingons. They weren't at war when Ransom was in the Alpha Quadrant. Could be renegades, but still seems odd.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
katefan
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Re: Voyager YATI's

Post by katefan »

Bryan Moore wrote:Okay, lets come up with the YATI lists. I love finding these.

I just noticed that in Equinox, Janeway describes Ransom as captain engaged in a 4 day cat and mouse with the Klingons. They weren't at war when Ransom was in the Alpha Quadrant. Could be renegades, but still seems odd.
Could be joint war games with the Klingons. It would make sense to engage in such games with a race that actively uses cloaking devices so Starfleet can better deal with the Romulans in battle.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Bryan Moore wrote:Okay, lets come up with the YATI lists. I love finding these.

Ransom had been a Captain for twenty years, Janeway even cited Captain Ransom as her inspiration for joining the science branch. Who knows what could have gone on in those twenty years as we've seen at various points in the show (Aquiel for example), the Klingons are not beyond screwing with their allies. Could even be renegades.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Are we only doing new ones? Otherwise there is the old one I brought up a while back from "Hope & Fear".
At the begining when they find the Dauntless Tuvok states the the ship has a starfleet warp signature, yet the Dauntless doesn't have warp drive, or even a warp core. Later on it's said that they(Starfleet) compleatly replaced the warp drive systems.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Nice spot. Keep 'em coming!
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

In the episode Equinox, there is a continuity error in that the Equinox should not possess an EMH program at all. In the Voyager episode Relativity, we see Admiral Patterson introducing Janeway to The Doctor for the first time, remarking that Starfleet was considering outfitting his program onto all Federation starships. This occured only a week before Voyager was swept into the Delta Quadrant by the caretaker, making it impossible for the Equinox to have ever been given an EMH.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well spotted.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Well if we think about it. The borg. In TNG, the most poweful federation starship fired everything she had at the cube, bit didnt even scratch the thing. yet in Voyager, Voyager herself was capable of causing some damage. how?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain the answer involves quantum. Lots and lots of quantum.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

that would make sense. The governing and random force of Quantum...ah how it explains so much :roll:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I thought the Borg voluntary weakened themselves in the name of the all-powerful "dramatic license."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Reliant121 wrote:Well if we think about it. The borg. In TNG, the most poweful federation starship fired everything she had at the cube, bit didnt even scratch the thing. yet in Voyager, Voyager herself was capable of causing some damage. how?
Improvements in frequency modultation......uh in the quantum thingy?
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Because Voy was such crap! The only reason to watch was for Jeri Ryan!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

And the only reason to listen was Bob Picardo.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Agreed.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu