:wink:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Re: Gamma mission sign in

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I like it. Seems decent enough, no major issues.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

He'll just need to get used to grabbing a red shirt from the closet, rather that his usual gold one. I figured the family angle could play in if not during the Gamma mission, then maybe the next one, if we carry him over.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Aye, not a bad character. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

My marine main.

Name: Alan Weston
Position: Black opps sniper
Species: Trill

Bio: The first host for a young trill Alan is young and eager to prove himself as an acceptable host.

When the Marine core first formed Alan jumped at the chance to prove himself in a Federation now in a perilous peace with its neighbors.

In basic training the slightly built and unfit young Trill did not exactly shine, it was not until basic weapons training that Alan truly impressed. The rigorous mental training he had under gone before his joining as well as the increased control of his bodily functions due to being in a symbiotic relationship he excellence in marksmen ship.

After two years in the core deployed with the Mechanized marines he was head hunted to join the newly forming black opps core as a sniper. Thrilled with this prestigious deployment Alan cut all ties with his former core-mates and threw himself into his new roll.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

sounds good.
yay black ops.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Here's the Romulan I made for the BC. I believe consinsus is to put him at tactical, 3rd in command opposite a Federation CO and Klingon XO:

Name: Helev Sovak

Species: Romulan

Height: 5'8"

Hair Color: Jet Black

Eye Color: Black

Build/Body Type: Athletic

Specialty: Tactical

Current Rank: Arrain (Centurion)

Personal History: Helev was born on Romulus, in a small, little known village far from the Capital. He resented his rural life and ran away when he was young to venture to the Capital where he was recruited into the Imperial Navy within months. Helev was about halfway through his training when the Tal'shiar decided to contact him, he was transferred from the Romulan Naval School to the Tal'shiar's secrete training facility where he was trained in the dark and secret arts of the Organization. He was moved back and forth for two to three weeks at a time, allowing him to finish his training with the Imperial Navy and serve as an agent for the Tal'shiar within the Navy itself, a spy on their own organization. To work as an effective spy, the Tal'shiar was unable to "aide" him in advancing his rank, and he was forced to work his way up by gaining the reputation of a strong, able officer. The Dominion War helped him in this capacity, his training with the Tal'shiar made him an excellent choice for tactical officer and he performed his duty admirably, keeping his ship from destruction on many an occasion. After years of service he was promoted to Arrain (Centurion) and placed in a department head position where he could serve the Tal'shiar. Recently his connection to the black ops organization was stumbled upon by the Fleet Commanders, they decided to assign him to this mission to separate him from the organization while they decided on a course of action regarding his dual allegiance.

Personality: Helev's training has taught him to be very quiet and reserved, and to observe others. His dual alliegance taught him to follow his orders without question, else he be rievieled. After he discovered he'd been revieled, he began to become confused as to why he must continue to lead the life of absolute servitute. His most recient missions from the Tal'shiar have caused him great pain and confusion as to weather he should follow his orders as normal or begin to think for himself and do the right thing.
Last edited by Lt. Staplic on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Name: Nod, son of Krom
Current Posting: First Officer IKS Kerem
Race: Klingon
Height: 6'5 feet
Weight: 350 lbs
Hair Colour: Steel Grey (thinning)
Eye Colour: Brown

Background:

Nod comes from the labourer caste, to which his family was reduced to after a dishonour committed by his great grandfather. For three generations his family has struggled to regain its honour. It is only through great perseverance, tenacity, and raw talent that Nod was ever allowed to serve on any kind of military vessel. He was allowed to enlist on an old D-7 class, the IKS Mak'cho as a crewman by Captain Tagg. He served admirably aboard her for over 12 years, earning a reputation for skill and battle prowess, yet honour eluded him. When the Mak'cho was finally decommissioned, Captain Tagg took a now senior enlisted Nod with him to his next command as the Klingon version of a yeoman. Aboard the IKS Dek'tarr a relatively new B'rel class Bird of Prey, Nod continued his admirable service and demonstrated that unlike his ancestor, he was incorruptible. After several years, many of the rest of the crew became impatient with the minimal opportunities for advancement available under Tagg, and began to plot a mutiny to overthrow him. As the one closest to the Captain, he was approached by the first officer with the offer of a commission, something he'd never hoped to earn, if he'd slay Tagg. He scoffed at the offer, rejecting it out of hand. While making his way to inform the Captain, the XO had two other Klingons attempt to silence Nod. This battle precipitated the full scale mutiny. In which it came to light that over 60 percent of the crew sided with the XO. When it was over, Captain Tagg was still in command, with less than 80 of his loyal crew still alive and no other officers, but all of the mutineers were dead. For his valour, Nod was given a controversial field commission. Over the next few decades, he again proved his abilities and slowly rose through the ranks. Due to the stain on his family's honour, he knows he will never command a ship, but he has hopes that one day, one of his three sons will.

Personality

Nod is experienced, dependable, and trustworthy. A solid right arm for any Captain. When he was younger, he was nearly obsessive about proving himself worthy, but as he's gotten older he's come to relax a bit as he's become more confident. It does disturb him to see so many young and unproven officers earn commands while he will remain the perpetual first officer, but he has accepted his lot in life. He is always looking for that one great deed which will, in one fell swoop, restore his family name, and open the gates of St'Vo'Kor for him.

Appearance

In his youth, Nod was a large, powerfully muscled, and intimidating Klingon. As he got older, some of his muscle turned to paunch. His hair may be grey but his eyes are still sharp enough to back down most warriors.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Is it still possible to sign up for this RP, or is it too far in at this point? And if it is, is there anything of great relevance I need to know? I've been plodding through the threads, but it's a lot of info to take in.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Lighthawk wrote:Is it still possible to sign up for this RP, or is it too far in at this point? And if it is, is there anything of great relevance I need to know? I've been plodding through the threads, but it's a lot of info to take in.
I don't see why its possible not to sign up :)

Current situation is we're in the Gamma Quadrant to stop rebel Dominion guys and we're about to use a Trojan Horse tactic. So you could be one of the guys on the trojan horse easily if you wanted.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Cool :)

Is there any specific role or posting that needs to be filled?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I don't think Teaos (he's the "gamemaster") would have a problem with that, so long as you keep in mind the basic foundation of the game. We're in the GQ, cut off from Starfleet, so your character would have to come from one of the existing ships, or the station...........and no "super" character?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Most of the spots on the Klingon and Romulan ships are still open.

Tac and security are filled on all the Starfleet ships (except maybe Daystrom--I'm not sure)

IIRC Paladin needs an Ops officer and a CMO (among others--do we have a chief engineer?)

Ravage could use a counseler and/or a science officer

Daystrom I'm not sure about

Valkyrie has nearly everything open.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Lighthawk »

I could certainly do a Romulan or Klingon. Is there a majority of one over the other? Hate to find my character all by himself with nothing but NPCs for company :)
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I have the only PC Klingon player at the moment, but he's been assigned to our captured Dominion Battlecruiser for this next leg of the mission....same with Lt. Staplic's new Romulan character

Relient is the commander of one of the Romulan warships, and Mikey has a secondary character aboard as a "foreign exchange" officer.