Gamma mission sign in

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Gamma mission sign in

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Right, I'll have my bio up later.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

At Uzume's insistance, I've written her a bio. So, she's a character-by-proxy for the foreseeable future, but she still gets to participate by phone. :D

Lieutenant Leia Uzume
Species: Romulan/human
Height: 5'2"
Position: Chief of Security.

Leia Uzume was born on a remote Romulan colony, daughter of a captured Starfleet officer and the colony administrator. Her mother, the administrator, had her father executed when Uzume was still a small child, an incident she never forgot. As a young teen, her aptitude for quick thinking and physical prowess attracted the attention of the renewed Tal'Shiar, and she was soon drafted into the still-recovering organization. Shortly after her 16th birthday, she assassinated her first target: an upstart Senator with a reformist agenda. Over the next year and a half, she killed over thirty people of varying importance, developing her skills to the point that her superiors became wary of her ambitions, while she grew to resent the government for their repression of the Romulan people. After she was captured on a botched mission in Federation space, she defected, and after a long period of confined isolation and re-education, she was allowed to join Starfleet on a provisional basis. Since reuniting with her human family, she's taken to using the name her father gave her as a token of respect for him, and a way to better fit in to human society.

As of the current mission, she's been assigned to the USS Ravage under the command of Captain Matthew Lewis for the past six months, and although he was initially wary, she's proven her loyalty on a number of occasions.

Uzume is extremely quick-witted, and downright lethal, armed or unarmed. Her rowdy personality can be abrasive to some people, but she's very charming, and generally fun to be around. She's a bit of a social chameleon, blending in to whatever crowd she's currently in; this skill was honed by the Tal'Shiar, and it's often hard to gauge whether she's genuinely interested, or merely playing along to fulfill her own agenda. She's also considered quite beautiful, a trait she took full advantage of in service to the Tal'Shiar; as of the current mission, she has eschewed the traditional short Romulan hairdo, and grown her brunette locks down to her waist.

She is both excited and nervous to participate in the current mission, given the involvement of Romulan forces.
Last edited by Tsukiyumi on Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

5'2"? Is she a tall dwarf or a short person?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

My mothers is 5" 2.

good character. i'm sure there shall be some interesting incidents between The romulans and her.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:5'2"? Is she a tall dwarf or a short person?
I'll make sure to tell Uzume you said that. :P

That's her actual height, though she likes to protest that she's "Five Two and a half". :lol:

The traits in the bio actually fit her almost precisely; she hits harder than a lot of men I know, and she knows most of the same fighting techniques I do, so she really is rather dangerous. Especially to people who underestimate her.

Reliant - that's what I was thinking. :) She suggested "assassin", so I obviously thought "Romulan", and she agreed.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Good girl. She gets Kudos points for that :wink:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Reliant121 wrote:Good girl. She gets Kudos points for that :wink:
She asked for something that fit, and didn't want to be a standard human (I'm already writing two anyways), so Romulan was the logical choice. She initially suggested a Vulcan, but after I reminded her of their repressed demeanor, she agreed that Romulan is a better fit for her personality.
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Another NPC to give the Klingon NPCs Grathess and Kleth someone to kick around:

Name: Keck
Species: Klingon
Posting: KDF Var'nof

Keck is a proud Klingon woman whose late father fell out of favor with the Klingon High Council for opposing the Cardassian/Klingon war. She is always defensive of his stance; above all else, she wishes to restore honor to her family's name. She serves aboard Grathess' ship simply because he allows her to. She is not trusted with important duties; she is forced to fulfill any duties her crewmates can't be bothered with. Keck is teased often, so she usually has a fiery, defiant response prepared, whether verbal or physical. There are times, though, that she cannot muster the strength to fight back.

Anyone can use or kill this character.
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Here is the NPC Captain of the Valkyrie, please post if Monroe likes him.

Name: Grildor Tusk
Assignment: USS Valkyrie / Commanding Officer
Race: Tellerite
Height: 5'2
Weight: 150 lbs
Hair: Blond (going grey)
Eyes: Black

Captain Tusk has been the Captain of the Valkyrie for nearly seven years. He came up through the Security Department, serving on board several starships as Security Chief/Tactical Officer. His last posting before gaining command was a the head of security for Starbase 117, where he performed with unusual distinction and came to the attention of the Admiralty, after which he become one of only a handful of Tellerite Captains to command a Starship in the entire history of Starfleet.
It was his long standing belief that the Tactical and Security duties should be split, so each could area could recieve the undivided attention of it's department head, thus resulting in Valkyrie being one of only a few ships that have a different Tactical Officer and Chief of Security.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Sounds good. That's honestly been why i haven't been posting as much on this forum. We need a list of the valkyrie compiled and every time I get around to about to do it I'm like ugh i'll do it later ;P
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Here you go..........

USS Valkyrie

Captain: Grildor Tusk (NPC)
XO Monroe (Monroe)
CTO Forrest Howe (Grundig)
CMO Mairin Mac Ardghail (Macardle) (NPC)
Security: Sethrithis "Seth" Cix (Mark)
COO Anker Zionex (NPC)
Engineer: Charles Nelson (NPC)
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I believe i'm taking over Cix from Mark to any and all that care.
any pointers for the rookie?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Have fun with it. If your going to use anybody else's PCs try and get their personality right by reading previous posts. And don't hope for things to happen to quickly. I'll be looking forward to you jumping in 8)
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I should be posting tonight, told you the RP runs slow at times, it tends to be the bottom priority for most people, they do it when they feel inspiration.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

If it's at all typical, we'll get a week of downtime followed by a couple of days with a new post every fifteen minutes.

Staplic - Just try to keep in character, and don't try to be a superman; we've had that before, and it tends to spoil a lot of fun including your own. If the character would react in a certain way, even if YOU wouldn't, go with it there is no "playing" without the "role."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer