Continuum

Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Continuum

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Ok, who's seen it? I'll admit, I got it the Tuesday it came out. I didn't plan it that way but I happened to be at Borders and thought 'Hmm.. I wonder if they have a copy...?" and lo and behold they did. I'll say it, I liked it. Granted it is time travel but it's done in such a way that it's interesting. It's interesting to see how this "new" timeline reacts to the team.
One of my favorite bits is the beginning of the film which starts with Ba'als Extraction Ceremony. He chooses that moment to warn the Tau'ri (SG-1) that he is not the last of the system lords and that somewhere another Ba'al has already put is new failsafe plan into motion. Teal'c walks up to him, scrutinizes himm 'He lies." O'Neill walks up looks at the two of them, "He does that you know." I'm reluctant to say more as it may spoil things.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Continuum

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It's out already? Damnit.

So, any good? What happened in it? Feel free to let loose with the spoilers.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I haven't seen it yet, but I got two words for ya. Reset Button
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:I haven't seen it yet, but I got two words for ya. Reset Button
Yeaa...but it's still good.

We finally get to see Goa'uld orbital bombardment, Vala as Quetesh and Ba'al as the Supreme System Lord with a lot of the old Goa'uld characters back as well. Yu, Niirti, Cronus, Camulus, Apophis et al. There's some nice nods to the past in it all. We find out more about the past of the Stargate Program and Col. Mitchell.

So for a "reset button" story, it's excellent.
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by JudgeKing »

Ba'al gets shot, Ba'al gets sliced in two, Ba'al gets headshotted, and Ba'al gets extracted. Those are all four times he gets killed in the movie.
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

JudgeKing wrote:Ba'al gets shot, Ba'al gets sliced in two, Ba'al gets headshotted, and Ba'al gets extracted. Those are all four times he gets killed in the movie.
Sucks to be Ba'al
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Blackstar the Chakat wrote:
JudgeKing wrote:Ba'al gets shot, Ba'al gets sliced in two, Ba'al gets headshotted, and Ba'al gets extracted. Those are all four times he gets killed in the movie.
Sucks to be Ba'al
Yeah, but that's always true. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

JudgeKing wrote:Ba'al gets sliced in two
Ba'al gets sliced in two, vertically! It's quite interesting to watch.
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

I had pre-ordered it on Amazon and got it that Wednesday. A few weeks earlier, I got SGA-S4, so I quickly finished up that, went on-line to watch the first two episodes of SGA-S5, then watched it that Thursday night.

It was indeed a very fun watch. And, very special in one respect: this was Don S. Davis' last contribution to the Stargate franchise. Indeed, probably even his last performance period.

But, we also have the return of President Hayes, whom we haven't seen since S7's "Lost City". And, of course, O'Neill. I love it when Vala disappears and Daniel is asking where she went. "She's probably looking for a bathroom. I'm next by the way." "Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a bathroom in a pyramid?"
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Varthikes wrote:And, of course, O'Neill. I love it when Vala disappears and Daniel is asking where she went. "She's probably looking for a bathroom. I'm next by the way." "Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a bathroom in a pyramid?"
"And then there's cake." "He does that you know."

:-D
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

It was great to see Apophis again. And Don S. Davis one last time.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

They were both great characters for the show. I missed both of them.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Finally saw it; it's awesome. I liked it better than Ark of Truth for sure. A shame they probably won't do any more of these.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I still haven't seen it. I'll have to get around to looking for it sometime.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Varthikes »

Tsukiyumi wrote:A shame they probably won't do any more of these.
Rest assured. There will be. Two more are to made next year following the end of Atlantis--one will be for SG1, the other for SGA.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk