USS Equinox problem

Voyager
vanar
Crewman
Crewman

USS Equinox problem

Post by vanar »

why didnt they Caretaker return the Equinox like the other vessels it took like the Cardassian Galor.
And why didnt it return the dreadnought missile?
I'd like to here peoples ideas on it :)
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Because it was destroyed? When was the Equinox sent to the Delta quadrant?
vanar
Crewman
Crewman

Post by vanar »

sometime before voyager maybe a few months, upto a year maybe.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Yes I;m pretty sure it had been around longer than Voyager. It really should have been sent back. Never thought of that before...

Maybe they ran away when they were brough afraid of being destroyed. Or the caretaker got distracted.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Maybe they annoyed the caretaker? :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Crushproof
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Crushproof »

Seems like they didn't know the Caretaker was going to send them back, or they got chased off during one of the frequent Kazon attacks.
"It is the way of all Empires, old Comrade, to fall prey to the next" ~Mirror Chekov
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

But if the Caretaker could send it to the Delta Quadrant from the Alpha, it's not like the Equinox was out of reach a few dozen or so light years away. That doesn't make much sense.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Quite a lot in Trek dosen't make sense. Are you only noticing this now? :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Purhaps the Caretaker had started giving the Ocampa all of the array's spare energy, and didn't have enough to send the Equinox back, giving the search a higher priority, saving a civilization over some 80 people. It would be the Vulcan thing to do. As for the Dreadnaught, it was unmanned and the Caretaker decided it didn't need to be sent back.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Makes sense. I've always wondered how Dreadnaught got into the Delta Quadrent in the first place - the Caretaker said he scanned the ships first to see if there were potential replacements aboard, so surely he'd notice that the missile was unmanned.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:Makes sense. I've always wondered how Dreadnaught got into the Delta Quadrent in the first place - the Caretaker said he scanned the ships first to see if there were potential replacements aboard, so surely he'd notice that the missile was unmanned.
Perhaps it detected intellagence, a possiblity since a living replacement may not be totally nessesary. Just someone to run the station. After determining that it wasn't compatable with the array's systems and that there was no need to send it back the dreadnaught went on to select a target.
Tiberius
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tiberius »

Since when did the caretaker send ships back?
Go and read my fan fic "The Hansen Diaries"! And leave comments!
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Tiberius wrote:Since when did the caretaker send ships back?
True. I'm assuming something was said in the first episode? Which, by the way, I haven't seen in ages. I think I'm in the mood for it.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I'm pretty sure he sent them back.

Also maybe his power could only pull ships to his station and to send them back he needed them up close to the station so when they ran he couldnt send them back.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Perhaps the array only worked one way? It could pull ships towards it, but not push them away?