Would it really be so bad if...

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Would it really be so bad if...

Post by Deepcrush »

Got the idea to start this just to pick on each other. I'll go first. Remember to state your reasons.

Would it really be so bad if... Deepcrush ran the post-DW UFP?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Would it really be so bad if...

Post by Mikey »

Lord knows we'd be ready for the next war. However, a totalitarian state doesn't really suit the ideals of 'Trek.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Is that all you see in me? :happydevil:
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

In a word: yes. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I think I could do a lot of good for the UFP. Strange no one here has faith in me. :twisted:
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:I think I could do a lot of good for the UFP. Strange no one here has faith in me. :twisted:
You'd last about a month before you had a nasty (and terminal) encounter with Section 31. Either that or you'd bring the entire Alpha and Beta Quadrants down on the Federation like a ton of bricks. The sort of warship building and refitting programmes you'd launch would overdo the "intelligent readiness" into "preparing to conquor the galaxy", which the other powers wouldn't like.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Oh, come on, I'm not that bad... :mrgreen:
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Deepcrush wrote:Oh, come on, I'm not that bad... :mrgreen:
Yes. You are.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Nah, I think you're just picking on me... :jester:

Besides, everyone loves a good super weapon! :wink:
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Your idea of a superweapon is your opponents' idea of a big juicy target. Especially since your building plans would tip the Klingons/Romulans/everyone off to your intentions long before your fleet was strong enough to hold off the combined forces of two quadrants.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You totally underestimate my ideas on fleet deployment. First off there is nothing wrong with up grading current ships out there. A number of classes are due for an overhaul and it wouldn't be out of the question to give them the best tech available. Weapons, shields, Sensors, science depts, all of these things could be upgraded at the same time. These actions wouldn't cause any worry as only the RSE has any trouble with the UFP and the KE would most likely be part of my plans. I would also be using the RSE as a great boost to support my work. The same with the Breen, Dominion and the Borg.

Second. Never build for the attack until you have built for the defense. Trade protection treaties, ODPs and newer starbases are never seen as a threat to another. These things can't move and so they often end up just eye candy for your enemy to look at. They can't go anywhere so what's the danger. Tech sharing and mutual defense pacts between the UFP and its border nations. The UFP doesn't really need to grow and my concern is its defense. Having other nations between yourself and your opponents is a good way of taming any war want between the two. Even more so since you'll have everyone going after the people who attacked the weaker race in the first place. I could only be so lucky that the RSE jumps the gun. Anyone wanting help would have to OPENLY call on the UFP for aid. A great rally to the cause.

Third part of the plan is the treat of it all. Shipsyards that have been slowly upgraded over the years and were slowly turning out newer ship, most of which were not fully completed and so could be written off and not draw to much attention. These ships would be completed in dry-docks and the Shipyards would boost production to their new maximum which by the way would be around double that of the current UFP production ability. All of this of course wouldn't be my over preparation but merely the UFP answering the calls for help of our neighbors.

Take these steps and just repeat over the years. Allowing you to keep a strong offense and defense without dragging yourself to war and always keeping your forces updated and upgraded.

That's not the total idea but it's a basic start. Power is worthless when its forced. Power is perfect when it is given. Sure, I would like a strong fleet but I don't want a huge fleet. That would make me look like a threat. Instead, I want a fleet around the size DITL stats the UFP to be at before the DW, but now just with better and newer ships. My biggest change would be to increase the defensive ability of UFP worlds. Bonus points to whoever knows why?
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Deepcrush wrote:Nah, I think you're just picking on me... :jester:

Besides, everyone loves a good super weapon! :wink:
Hey, in the new regime maybe I could help design so weapons that would actually make sense! I could design something resembling the "Sun Crusher" from the Star Wars book series. A nice small ship who's hull is strong enough to survive at the center of a gas giant, perfect for ramming. Or maybe a planet wide forcefield. Perfect for enforcing those trade embargos until the began to see stuff "our" way. :happydevil:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The fact that you would speak of weapons that make sense then talk about the suncrusher :madashell:

... You're fired.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

You'd never get in power. And if you somehow did get in power you would quickly be thrown out.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

True, but we're going with it.

Next one, maybe I'll plot it as you or Rochey.

But for now, we're still looking for opinions on what I would do.