Other (Specify)
No votes

Total votes: 7
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Ship Options

Post by Monroe »

I'm sure the Akira class is still okay but maybe we can dig through the ships designed by people and ask permission to use another one of those ships. As someone said Enterprise F would be fun and I forget who but someone went through a ton of awesome Enterprise ships that just looked amazing. I woudn't mind RPing with one of those.

That said if the Enterprise F is there it should be the leader with a NPC captain. Give the Dakota to Mikey or Teaos as Captain.

Far as my character goes I'd like permission to be Captain or first officer on a smaller warship like the Intrepid or a future version of the ship.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I thought we were using our new forum battleship for the new ship?

OK, so I've got Thorin as my XO, Blackstar (position TBD,) and Reliant's Cardie at helm - anybody else staying aboard the Daystrom?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I'll be making a new security officer if you'll have me for the Daystrom :)

We are using our new Battleship but since this is 20 years after the latest Trek why not use more than one new ship?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Mikey wrote:I thought we were using our new forum battleship for the new ship?

OK, so I've got Thorin as my XO, Blackstar (position TBD,) and Reliant's Cardie at helm - anybody else staying aboard the Daystrom?
:takecover: Well, I see a potential problem already, one previosly discussed, resulting in a rather large fight. I believe Thorin's character is a Lt. at the moment while my character is a Lt. Cmd. Promoting his character over mine would require a very good(as in belivable) reason why, or an alteration in chosen positions since obviously two characters aren't going to hold the exact same position. So I think there are three options

1)Thorin's character doesn't get promoted over M'Real, which I don't think he'd agree to since he want's the XO position
2) Come up with a good and belivable reason why he was promoted over her
or
3) Flip a coin so to speak as to who gets XO and move on from there as necessary.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

2) Come up with a good and belivable reason why he was promoted over her
Easy, because he wanted to. There's no military law preventing that from happening. Sine we've skipped a few years, it's quite concievable that Thorin was promoted to Lt Cmdr at some point, and then later promoted to Cmdr.
Your respective positions on the ship would also go towards giving Thorin the post. He's tactical officer on the bridge, while you're a pilot.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Lets get this straight. It has nothing to do with chain of command. Basically, Bl]ackstar you want the promotion and are sour that someone lower in rank is getting it.

tough sh*t

The high officers can promote whoever the hell the like.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

OK - "OOU," as it were, Thorin asked first. "IU," he's had the longest-standing attachment to the Daystrom; he's been a member of the senior staff/bridge officer; he hasn't (relatively) recently been attached to Intelligence rather than field service.

In addition, I believe that you (Blackstar) are just better suited to - and would have more fun - playing a character who continues to operate semi-independently and has the availability of being free of the constraints of bridge duty. Plus, you'll still have the 'Fox to play with.
as Bull offed Custer
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

So, based on this and the Gamma Prep thread, I've got the following for the Daystrom:

Thorin as my XO, Blackstar (position TBD,) Monroe's new char for sec/tac, and Reliant's Cardie leaving me for the battleship - about right?
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'll probably be following Fletcher over to the battleship to take up XO position there.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I sort of wanted to keep my two characters around in some capacity, if no one objects.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I sure don't. Lemme know if you want a spot on the Daystrom.
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I might remain for the Daystrom. Theres more to work with on a faster ship. Need a good helmsman.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Happy to have you if you want to stay. :D
as Bull offed Custer
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Likewise, I will be on the Daystrom as well, considering it was the ship by which I was picked up and where they finally decided to re-awaken me after a slumber of several centuries.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Cool - after a decade of re-acclimation and therapy, are you going to be Starfleet/taking an active position?

That gives the Daystrom:
Mikey - capt.
Thorin - XO
Monroe (new char) - sec./tac.
Reliant (Ge-haan) - helm
Blackstar (new char?) - TBD, possibly lead pilot a/o intel or spec-ops
Shran - TBD

I don't know if we actually need a dedicated sci officer, but I'll have one if somebody wants. Other senior staff vacancies seem to be engineering, ops (if somebody wants it - if not, I have OC's to fill it,) and CMO.

Here's a thought - any technological improvements which should have reasonably been incorporated in the last decade?
as Bull offed Custer