No votes

Total votes: 7
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Ship Options

Post by Teaos »

Ok since this mission is winding down and the idea was brought up by Reliant I figured we may as well have a poll to decide what to do with our ship.

This is to decide what ship/ships we have for our next mission.

The options are:

Keep the USS Daystrom as our current and only star ship
Claim the new ship we are designing as our ship
Form a strike group with the Daystrom the new ship and a few others
Get a totally new ship

If we do either of the two options with the Battleship the current time line will jump foward 10 years meaning all our characters get older and can change positions (with in reason) or we can make new ones.

Personally I like the idea of a strike group. Those who have been here since the start of the Daystrom know the drama of the first mission, with people pulling Founders out of no where, nanobots taking over the ship, random violence, supermaning ect.

It also allows people more freedom of character. The Daystrom isnt that big and since this RP has the most character having more than one ship offers greater possibilites.

But the second mission thats just rapping up went a lot smoother due to the increased number of positions available on multiple ships, better action, more plot and a direction for us to move in.

If we choice a single ship we will be doing another smaller exploration/search type mission.

If we choose a strike group we will either be heading through the wormhole to the GQ or dealing with one of the major powers.

What do you want?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Re: Ship Options

Post by Thorin »

I say keep the Daystrom - but - like this mission, just add in the possiblity of strike groups and fleets so that things can be expanded when we want them to be, but on 'normal' duty its kept on a more personal level.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That seems pretty fair. I haven't voted yet, as I am toying with some ideas of what to do with my character.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The reason I voted strike group is because with extra ships there are more jobs. Multiple science positions ect.

There are a lot of people in this RP, and since I was going to make an open invite to anyone else who wants in there may be more. If someone wants in but not with a full time character they can make one on one of the other ships and only bring them up when they want to.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I'll hold off voting for now. I want to see peoples' arguments and make up my own decision first.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You can change your vote if you want.

Also if we keep the Daystrom we either stay in this general area or do a *5 years latter* thing to move the ship to a different location.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I know I can change it, but I'm not pushed in any particular way, so I can't really vote as of now.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

*Pushes*

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

*pushes back*
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I know I suggested a strike group/task force type idea when I first joined thinking that could be a way to keep my character around (Lewis becomes captain of the katana ala Picard and the Stargazer) but now I'm thinking he may get roped back into SI, maybe becoming sector chief for this area or wherever(spelling?) the daystrom is headed next. That should at least enable my character to stick arround as a "Recurring guest character" (think Garek or Cpl Klinger from the 1st 3 seasons of MASH).
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I voted the battleship though I'm not too keen on skipping 10 years. I might make a new char if we do that but I'd be up for it.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If we do skip a few years, I may change characters. I doubt my current one would be around for that long, given that he's simply here on an exchange mission.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I voted for strike group or formation fleet. For my character, there is little for me to actually do. might open things up a tad.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I haven't voted yet either; but I'm leaning toward strike group - I don't think W'trisk could easily go back to "just" being chief of operations, but in just the Daystrom, there's no way to stay where he is.

Besides, there's a lot of RP's going on; a recurring guest spot might be easier to conduct.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I'm kinda thinkin that we move it so some of the main characters get promotions, and each character gets to operate a ship, or at least some characters. that way we can diversify all thats goin on.

Some of the low characters such as mine could get LTC or CMDR. promotions and get Miranda's, New Orleans or maybe an Ambassador or even a Constellation.