No votes
Other (Specify)
No votes

Total votes: 7
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Re: Ship Options

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Mikey wrote:Cool - after a decade of re-acclimation and therapy, are you going to be Starfleet/taking an active position?

That gives the Daystrom:
Mikey - capt.
Thorin - XO
Monroe (new char) - sec./tac.
Reliant (Ge-haan) - helm
Blackstar (new char?) - TBD, possibly lead pilot a/o intel or spec-ops
Shran - TBD

I don't know if we actually need a dedicated sci officer, but I'll have one if somebody wants. Other senior staff vacancies seem to be engineering, ops (if somebody wants it - if not, I have OC's to fill it,) and CMO.

Here's a thought - any technological improvements which should have reasonably been incorporated in the last decade?
converted all the launcher to rapid fire quantum, more speed, and longer sensor range would be reasonable. Maybe reduced crew needs due to automation.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think it would be a tad difficult to improve all to rapid fire QT's. maybe the torps in the weapons pod. But i reckon the saucer section PT's will be the same.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

By the way, is this "Weapons Pod Nebula" or SWAC Nebula? I think it would be kind of cool to have an AWAC type command and contol bird in the fleet. At least from the perspective of the person who's gonna be writing it.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

It would be interesting, but you have to consider that this fleet is being sent out to Seek and destroy.

Removing the weapons pod from the Nebula does considerably decrease the combat effectiveness of the design.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Reliant121 wrote:It would be interesting, but you have to consider that this fleet is being sent out to Seek and destroy.

Removing the weapons pod from the Nebula does considerably decrease the combat effectiveness of the design.
Yea, but say we meet a fleet and we launch fighters, they send out bugs, or maybe Dominion-Developed flighters, fleet control would be better maintained from a dedicated platform removed from the front line then from a vessel in the thick of the fighting. Witness Capt. Sisko trying to organize the fleet and still attack with the defiant.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I agree. Plus it could be useful for all sorts of things, including the "search" part of search and destroy with its sensors.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I suppose. But be mindful that we are loosing definately a considerable amount of firepower and i reckon with the manpower and such of the new battleship she is probably quite capable of dealing with fleet command and control actions.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Our mission, as I understand it, is "search and negotiate, then destroy as a last resort." I think the AWACS Neb is an interesting idea, but I'd leave it up to either Teaos and the Neb's skipper.

As far as the Daystrom, we've already upgraded to QT's for the Beta mission. Up-armor it, regnerative shielding, anything like that? Since QT tubes seem to be backwards compatible, maybe a PT replicator as we have on the battleship?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I think we gut out one of the cargo bays with a photon torpedo replicator. Equip regenerative shielding, perhaps ablative armour. And fair point with the AWACS
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

my position? No officer of whatever department. More an in-between person, which would be the 'primus inter pares' of a group of enlisted crewmen, to regulate shift changes, duty rosters, internal intrerpersonal problems, perhaps telling them what they need to know about the mission. By no means will I have any more authority than they have, but I will hold the line that goes up to the next level in the command structure.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

That gives the Daystrom (updated:)

Mikey - capt.
Thorin - XO
Monroe (new char) - sec./tac.
Reliant (Ge-haan) - helm
Blackstar (new char?) - TBD, possibly lead pilot a/o intel or spec-ops
Shran - boatswain/petty officer
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Wouldn't this time period be the time of transphasic torpedoes?
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Monroe wrote:Wouldn't this time period be the time of transphasic torpedoes?
Don't forget the ablative armor generators or the omni-phasic cloak :D
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

transphasic torpedoes were about 37 years after the very end of VOY. yes the Admiral brought them back, but frankly Transphasic torpedoes are just so out of proportion firepower wise, i dont think their appropriate.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Oh i didnt know it was 37 years. I thought it was less.
It might be that Transphasic just do a killer of a job against Borg vessels.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-