War of the Week!

Deep Space Nine
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: War of the Week!

Post by Deepcrush »

Well Picard is a Masterful Diplomat. It wouldn't shock me that he would know better then anyone that Remans have poor eye sight in bright lights.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Yeah. After all, even though somebody wants to kidnap you, kill your crew, destroy your ship, and eliminate your entire homeworld, there is just no excuse to be rude and unaccomidating. Right? :roll:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Sounds like the British WWI officer who had a German officer in his sights while the German was bathing. He refused to take the shot, considering it "ungentlemanly" to shoot a man while he was in the tub. The British officer got an NCO to do it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:Sounds like the British WWI officer who had a German officer in his sights while the German was bathing. He refused to take the shot, considering it "ungentlemanly" to shoot a man while he was in the tub. The British officer got an NCO to do it.

So that's where the "Legend of Lee Nalas" originated from

:laughroll:

Except he was supposed to be a little more down and dirty, so he shot the Cardie himself

:raygun1:
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey wrote:Sounds like the British WWI officer who had a German officer in his sights while the German was bathing. He refused to take the shot, considering it "ungentlemanly" to shoot a man while he was in the tub. The British officer got an NCO to do it.
Those silly brits, no wonder they get beat on so much in the last few years! :lol:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Some of us are British you know -.-'

Anywho. I reckon the Klingons would get it. They have a much higher stomach for war, and with the Full Scale production of the Negh'Var they have a hellova lot of fire power. Although it'd be damn close, the Valdore/Norexan class ships will be a damn good design.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The Norexan class didn't seem all that great.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

It had a fair bit of fire power and she looked fast enough. Might do well as a raider or a light cruiser.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

And do Remember that the Norexan was going against something with 52 disruptors and 27 photon torpedo tubes.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Yeah but only 2 of its disruptors seemed to work! :roll:

Yay for Romulans tech huh? :P
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

So was the E-E, for longer. Oh, forget it, this is one of those interminable debates isn't it?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

If you'd like, I could do another analysis of the Noraxean's capabilities the way I did of the Scimitar's and compare it to the E-E, so we could get a rough estimate of how much better the E-E was than a Noraxean. From there we might be able to work out some idea of how powerful it may be.
Reliant wrote:And do Remember that the Norexan was going against something with 52 disruptors and 27 photon torpedo tubes.
It wasn't. It really wasn't.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I've been meaning to point out that in the version of the movie I have, Picard orders "Tactical analysis, Mr. Worf." and Worf states the 52 disruptors, 27 photon torpedo bays bit. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I've been meaning to point out that in the version of the movie I have, Picard orders "Tactical analysis, Mr. Worf." and Worf states the 52 disruptors, 27 photon torpedo bays bit. :wink:
And yet when the battle started the Scimitar proved somewhat less impressive. Looks like Worf needs a refresher course in how to count.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:I've been meaning to point out that in the version of the movie I have, Picard orders "Tactical analysis, Mr. Worf." and Worf states the 52 disruptors, 27 photon torpedo bays bit. :wink:
And yet when the battle started the Scimitar proved somewhat less impressive. Looks like Worf needs a refresher course in how to count.
Nah, it was that Romulan Ale. He was seeing in quadruplicate.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939