Cast Photos And Posters From Trek XI

The Original Series
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Cast Photos And Posters From Trek XI

Post by Aaron »

Link
Today Star Trek got a whole lot realer. In their Comic Con Preview edition, Entertainment Weekly has a sneak peek at some posters that are going to be given way at Comic Con next week and for the first time ever we have images of actual cast members from JJ Abrams Star Trek. [MINOR SPOILERS]

Abrams: Sorry
Entertainment Weekly's Comic Con 2008 edition previews a number of hot upcoming films and in their Star Trek section EW notes that director JJ Abram touted his new Star Trek at last year's Comic Con and regarding this year EW asks 'Abrams is bringing almost nothing?' Abrams tells the magazine:

Sorry, but hopefully when [fans] eventually do see more, it will be that much more exciting.

Not Nothing-Paramount is bringing new posters-with cast photos!
As reported by TrekMovie previously, even though Star Trek wont have a panel, it will have a presence at the Paramount booth in San Diego. EW reports that this presence will include four posters that form a single larger 'one sheet' poster. However, it appears fans will only get one section each so you will need three friends to get the whole effect. TrekMovie has also been told these posters are not the full extent of the Star Trek presence from Paramount.

*SNIP*

Quick thoughts:

Note the background colors, red, gold, blue correspond to the original uniform colors for Uhura, Kirk and Spock

Nice touch with the reflection of the delta shield logo in the eyes for Kirk, Spock and Uhura. It looks like there is one there for Nero too, but hard to tell.

Spock's shirt looks very close to original TOS

As we knew it would, Quinto looks perfect as Spock

Pine has the right look of a young, serious, cocky Kirk

Hard to tell for sure, but it looks like Starfleet pointy sideburns are still in style

Zoe's Uhura = HOT

Nero looks badass, but what is is going on with his ear? He is reportedly a Romulan, did someone chew the tip off?

And as TrekMovie.com reported before, no TNG era bumpy headed action on the Romulans with the new twist of tattoos! Fascinating

Thank you JJ
This is what we have all be asking for and lets face it whining about for so long. So a big thank you to JJ Abrams and to your band of brothers (Lindelof, Orci, Kurtzman, and Burk). And thank you Paramount.

Pics are in the link. Looks good so far, a nice change for the Romulans with something other than bumpy heads and eighties padded suit jackets.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Cast Photos And Posters From Trek XI

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Looks interesting. Oddly enough, I've been strangely optimistic about the new film.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Nice find. PLUS, the cover pic for "Watchmen" at the bottom. Rorschach looks PERFECT!
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

I hope they don't put Uhura in just as token character, being the only female and black person, especially at the expense of McCoy.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I lost hope for this movei long ago although it does look better than I hoped. I just know they will have pointless mild nudity in it though.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I've never envisioned "pointless" and "nudity" in the same sentence.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

ENT?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

No, that had a point - just not one which enhanced the quality of the program.
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I had a feeling that Quinto would look awesome in the Vulcan makeup. He almost looks like Nimoy, and he's an awesome actor. I don't really know what to make of tattooed Romulans, though...

Maybe he isn't a Romulan?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah he was fantastic in Heroes as the bad guy.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Didn't Abrams specificaly state he was Romulan, though? If this is another Shinzon-esque thing, then I'll be seriously pissed.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Rochey wrote:
Didn't Abrams specificaly state he was Romulan, though? If this is another Shinzon-esque thing, then I'll be seriously pissed.
Perhaps he's a fringe-lunatic romulan and the tattoos are a matter of personal preference not cultural whateveryoucallit. Basically, he wanted tattoos on is forehead so he got them. Perhaps he was some sort of official/scientist/engineer who was slighted in some way by the Federation/Enterprise crew so he decided to tamper with the timeline?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I know Eric Bana has said his role is more like a "cameo", so who knows where they're going with his character...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Rochey wrote:Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
You do that.

I'm going into cryogenic stasis until it comes out. Now I just need to find a big enough freezer...