Use shield power unit.
4%

Total votes: 26
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Our Ship - Beam Weapons

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Same here. That's more like what I was thinking.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

The concept of this was that we can't just have the best of everything with no drawbacks; it doesn't work like that in reality, and there's no reason it would work here, either. I already reiterated the fact that one lance will take 70,000 out of 200,000 available Terawatts. I agree that we could power it down, and re-route, but if there's nowhere to route to, it's moot.
Please point out where I said there was NO drawback to having a massive power-draining uber-weapon that can only be used against slow moving targets LIKE A NEGH'VAR. Are you tired, or has your brain stopped interpreting text?
Read the quote first, talk second. Good boy...*pets your head*
What the hell are you talking about? Just adding in imaginary arguments is called a "strawman", right? I never SAID THAT THE SOV HAS ONE PHASER ARRAY. Where the f*ck did you pull that from? (I really don't want to know: it's rhetorical, asshole)
Crying from a boy and a "hir" ( :lol: ) and all I feel is nothing. :happydevil:
130k would be more overall phaser firepower than the Sov, yes. I'm looking at whether the new ship will be a siege weapon or a powerful fleet augment. The lance would be great for the former, and would have some use during the latter, though less. A weapon that can only fire once per minute or so, no matter how powerful, is still less useful when facing 10-30 ships at once.
So I take it you never watched AGT? The E-D fired 7 times in twice as many seconds. That little girls and boys is once every two seconds not every minute. Now, I know I'm not very good at math but the seems to be thirty as I believe that is half of sixty. :P
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Sounds good Teaos, you've got one meanass ship in the works here.

Sure we can't build more the 14 of them? :twisted:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:
The concept of this was that we can't just have the best of everything with no drawbacks; it doesn't work like that in reality, and there's no reason it would work here, either. I already reiterated the fact that one lance will take 70,000 out of 200,000 available Terawatts. I agree that we could power it down, and re-route, but if there's nowhere to route to, it's moot.
Please point out where I said there was NO drawback to having a massive power-draining uber-weapon that can only be used against slow moving targets LIKE A NEGH'VAR. Are you tired, or has your brain stopped interpreting text?
Read the quote first, talk second. Good boy...*pets your head*
Try to not misquote, retard. I said we CANT have the best without drawbacks. This is a very simple concept. See if you can figure it out this time.

Deepcrush wrote:Crying from a boy and a "hir" ( :lol: ) and all I feel is nothing. :happydevil:
You'd feel all the broken bones in your ribcage, arms, legs, and face if you called me a "boy" in person, motherf*cker. I can guarantee that.

And Teaos specified that this lance takes time to charge up.
Teaos wrote: Lance:
Phase lance: 70,000 TerraWatts

Pros:
Highly destructive weapon, can pierce shields and hull armour more effectively than any known weapon.

Cons:
Takes up massive internal volume due to the hardware needed to field the weapon (7%). Cannot fire off its center point thus the whole ships needs to be positioned for targeting. Also needs several seconds to build up beam strength thus not suited for fast moving targets. Will suck up a lot of the ships energy.
See? We aren't discussing the AGT lance anyways, so it's irrelevant.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Guys, chill.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Apologies for my aggressive attitude; I'm f*cking pissed off in RL, and have little tolerance for being talked down to by anyone at the moment.

I'm staying in for the next few days; I have the impression that I might actually break someone into pieces if they said the wrong thing to me. I need to f*cking calm down, and I think I might have just the thing around here somewhere.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Really bud you need to chill your horses, its just Trek :lol:

Its not worth getting your pants all tight up about. Even more so since it isn't even real.
You'd feel all the broken bones in your ribcage, arms, legs, and face if you called me a "boy" in person, motherf*cker. I can guarantee that.
To late, had those, been stabbed to. Lost two fingers (left hand, reattached but the ring finger looks really funny), lost use of an ankle (Left). Slightly damaged hearing in my left ear from a concussion blast (this one also cracked 3 ribs and a vertibrate so let me say OUCH!) though that just rings a little, nothing major. Been shot at, never hit (knock on wood).
And Teaos specified that this lance takes time to charge up.
So this counts as a minute to you? Good going. If you math skills fall anymore you'll be almost as bad as me, :lol:
Well, maybe not that bad. I feel sorry for someone who's as bad at math as me and I rarely feel sorry for anyone.

Now if we're talking several seconds then we're running a firing rate slower then the GCS but that would be accounted for since we aren't shutting down all of our other weapons at the same time.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Deepcrush wrote:Really bud you need to chill your horses, its just Trek :lol:

Its not worth getting your pants all tight up about. Even more so since it isn't even real.
Wait, you're saying Trek ISN'T real? I have to do some thinking, man

:jester:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Tsukiyumi wrote:Apologies for my aggressive attitude; I'm f*cking pissed off in RL, and have little tolerance for being talked down to by anyone at the moment.

I'm staying in for the next few days; I have the impression that I might actually break someone into pieces if they said the wrong thing to me. I need to f*cking calm down, and I think I might have just the thing around here somewhere.
Go out boxing or something. That would help with and anger problems. I beat the hell out of an oak tree in my back yard when I'm mad. Punch it till the knuckles bleed, then a little more. After that the last thing you'll be thinking about it what made you mad.

I always end up thinking how stupid it was to do it in the first place and how much its going to hurt to get any bark out! :lol:

Barfights are also good.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Really bud you need to chill your horses, its just Trek :lol:

Wait, you're saying Trek ISN'T real? I have to do some thinking, man

:jester:
*Hangs his head*
I know, its hard to say but oh so true.

*Jumps up*
Anybody want cream soda?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Deepcrush wrote:Go out boxing or something. That would help with and anger problems. I beat the hell out of an oak tree in my back yard when I'm mad. Punch it till the knuckles bleed, then a little more. After that the last thing you'll be thinking about it what made you mad.

I always end up thinking how stupid it was to do it in the first place and how much its going to hurt to get any bark out! :lol:

Barfights are also good.
Yeah, that does often work, but I'm bad at choosing targets. To date, I've punched to death: A toaster oven, a microwave (afterwards, it wouldn't turn off; I got a bit worried before unplugging it :wink: ), a dishwasher, a deadbolted door, one fridge (I imagine I jarred the compressor loose, or something), numerous smaller doors, and of course, I've destroyed stuff through other methods as well.

Basically, Hulk no smash, 'cause Hulk got no cash. I don't like having to replace stuff. Though, were I a bit more well-off, I'd go shooting more often. I get onto the range for free, but I still have to buy bullets... And they've become quite expensive lately.

I'll have a cream soda, thank you. :wink:
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Tsukiyumi wrote:[Yeah, that does often work, but I'm bad at choosing targets. To date, I've punched to death: A toaster oven, a microwave (afterwards, it wouldn't turn off; I got a bit worried before unplugging it :wink: ), a dishwasher, a deadbolted door, one fridge (I imagine I jarred the compressor loose, or something), numerous smaller doors, and of course, I've destroyed stuff through other methods as well.

Basically, Hulk no smash, 'cause Hulk got no cash. I don't like having to replace stuff. Though, were I a bit more well-off, I'd go shooting more often. I get onto the range for free, but I still have to buy bullets... And they've become quite expensive lately.

I'll have a cream soda, thank you. :wink:
You can get bullets for free in the middle east (though not necessarily in the way you mean)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

IBC, best drinks in the world.

You should really look into punching trees, their free. :wink:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:You can get bullets for free in the middle east (though not necessarily in the way you mean)
Yeah, I'd prefer not to have to dig them out of myself before re-loading them with new brass. :lol:

Deep: When I move into a house here shortly, I'll remind myself that I have a yard again. :wink:
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You can get bullets for free in the middle east (though not necessarily in the way you mean)
Those ain't free bud. You (or someone next to you) normally ends up paying with intrest for those.