Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Episode Discussion: SG1 1.05 "The First Commandment"

Post by Varthikes »

Stargate: SG-1
"The First Commandment"

I thought this episode was slightly above the previous two. I thought Hanson's delusion was played out nicely. Especially when he struggles to hold onto his power when SG1 begins to undermine it.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Episode Discussion: SG1 1.05 "The First Commandment"

Post by Monroe »

My issue with the episode was alright so they allowed the humans to leave the caves. That's all fine and all but what happens when the valley becomes too over populated in a few generations? Its like a petree dish. The humans will grow rapidly then run out of resources and infighting and famine will set in and 95% will die... over and over and over again until eventually going extinct.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Maybe they'll begin ritual suicides at 25 years of age like those children in SGA's "Childhood's End".
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Varthikes wrote:Maybe they'll begin ritual suicides at 25 years of age like those children in SGA's "Childhood's End".
I'm not there yet ! :P
Or at the age of 30 like in Logan's run. But only if they float into the air then explode like the movie.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

You just reminded me of something for another thread, Monroe...
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Monroe wrote:I'm not there yet ! :P
:whistle: Oops... Sorry about that...