Star Wars Alpha Thread

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Star Wars Alpha Thread

Post by Monroe »

The detailed hologram of the Galactic map zoomed in past swirls of nebula and exploded stars to the star system Vlanx. A bright blue star inhabited by several worlds. "Vlanx System species of origin: The Vlanxians. Population four billion. Chief Export: Minerals, Grain, the Vlanxian Speeder Company, assembly of BlasterTec weaponary..." A woman's voice began to read the explorts, then the chief imports, and other qualities the system possessed.

An Imperial officer wearing a red uniform walked along the polished deck plating towards a lone figure watching the computer presentation. "Sir," The red clad Imperial said snapping to a salute.

THe man turned around to return it. A human with pale skin, cold yellow eyes, and long black hair tied behind his head. He wore an all black form fitting suit with a black overcoat. "Speak Ubiquitorate-Comrade." High Inquizitor Zancon ordered the man. Zancon's strange dialect had become well known in the circle he knew.

"Imperial Security Bureau has confirmed evidence of two Jedi Assassins in system. Rebellion confirmed."

"Indeed. My Lord and Master would be displeased when news of this is conveyed to him. That would be unacceptable would it not?"

The Ubiquitorate officer nodded, "Yes sir."

"Relay key message to Imperial Command. The Imperial Navy and Army are capable of handling this situation without failure. The Inquisition would perfer the Star Destroyer Aetos Tagma which has experience serving the Inquisition needs leads the mission. Failure would be unacceptable." Zancon replied, "Make haste."

The officer saluted and ran off to do the Inquisitor's bidding. Turning back towards the map of the Vlanxian system Zancon remembered back to his days of torturing unacceptable infidel appleasers and sympthaziers with his Comrade-Leader of the time, Koren Fodakan. Those was a perfered time crushing rebel cells and mass public executions. Zancon's eyes turned away from the holoscreen giving a mental sigh. Now he was destined to perform the labor of the leader to his old Comrade and not partake in the rightous glory that crushing the rebellion was.

Far away Koren looked sat impatiently on the shuttle bringing im towards the Star Destroyer Aetos Tagma. "ETA three minutes sir." The pilot informed him.

"Alright." He replied. His thoughts drifting back to the mission briefing he had recieved in his holonet mail rescently. He wondered if his old friend Zancon had anything to do with it. Part of him wish he had remained doing work for the Ubquitorate. Agent Fodakan had a nice ring he thought.

"Greetings Sir," A major said as he stepped off the landing craft moments later. "You're the first of the command crew to arrive. Refitting is going smoothy enough. We should be ready to depart in one week."

"Good." Koren smiled at the man. "Bring my bags to my quarters."

"Yes sir, I trust your stay at Imperial Center went smoothly." The major asked as he signaled some crewmen to help unload the general's bags.

"It did indeed. The wife and I partook in some skiing."

"Very good sir." The major bowed. "Right this way I'll show you to your quarters."
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Aniera
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Re: Star Wars Alpha Thread

Post by Aniera »

Aniera slides out from under a control panel, brushing a few strands of hair from her eyes. She nibbles on her lower lip and presses a button on the control panel.

"Let's hope it works this time" She says to herself.

A hum comes from gun turret in front of her and the panel lights up. She smiles in satisfaction and crouches back down to close the control panel, then stands and wipes her hands on her grease covered, grey uniform. She hooks a chair with her foot and drags it so she can sit down as she begins to test the controls.

"Alright...now...let's see if we can get you to load."

She presses a small, yellow button on the panel, instead of clicking, the panel shuts down. Aniera sighs in frustration, raking her hand through her slightly messed up ponytail.

"They must have cheaped out on the wiring here..." She mutters to herself, reaching for her toolbox again and opening the panel back up to continue her work*
"There...are...four...lights!!!!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

The shuttle drew closer to the gigantic Star Destroyer. The Aetos Tagma was one of those recieving a new refit. Even with parts of the hull exposed to the stars, it was an awesome sight. Yet, it was one of many. An entire fleet of poisoned daggers, he liked to think. Each one as deadly as the last. And each one a symbol of something greater. Something higher. The empire's will.

Vaile smiled at the thought. yes, it was an old and rather indoctrinated view but it was his view. And he'd be damned if another were going to change it. A flair of old age defiance streaked there. Which made him laugh inside.

"Whats our ETA to the ship, Pilot?" he asked softly, looking at the underside of the colossal craft.

"1 minute, sir," The pilot, clad in the typical black jumpsuit responded.

"Very good. I'll be preparing to disembark then. Thank you for your time," Vaine said, smiling. The pilot caught the smile in the corner of his eye. Buried deep inside the helmet, the pilot smiled as well.

Stepping out of the shuttle, he was greated by Nervous looking young Lieutenant.

"Welcom aboard sir," He said, stuttering slightly.

"Thank you, Lieutenant. Now you can stop shaking. i'm not going to blast your head off for being comfortable. although i presume someone on board will be a bit like that. At least one always is. anyway, could you ensure my items are delivered to my quarters?" Vaile replied.

"Of course, sir."

"Very good. Now...i suppose i should find the battery control officer....I wonder where she'll be..."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ardus and company arrived mid morning. Their private shuttle landing in a busy hanger filled with tooling crew. The blue shuttle gained a great deal of attention.

"So BOSS! What's the run this time? Pissy crew, angry women?" Smirked one of the squad.
"Its not like you've been here long enough to cause either right!" Mocked another.
"Pipe it! Both of you!" Grunted Ardus. "We're here to kill some joker and bust up another. Bring him back to command for one of the Darks to break in."

Joker being an insult for Jedi or their helpers. Jedi who refused the Emperor, they must have been joking when they thought to betray the Old Republic.

Ardus stood and lifted his gear bags. He was a fair sized man to begin with, his armour only added to the effect. The squad followed suit.

Ardus nodded to the shuttle crewman and he dropped the hatch ramp. Ardus marched off the shuttle across the hanger, his men close behind him in double file. As the last man stepped off the ramp the shuttle hatch raised and closed. As the seals were still just finishing locking in place the shuttle put on a burst of speed and flew out of the hanger.

"Good Luck Boss, see you on the far side." Said the shuttle crewman.

Ardus whispered "Stay out of sight until we get back kid."
"Roger that Boss" and the comm fell silent. The short lived buzz in Ardus' earpiece telling that the line was no longer even active.

Ardus walked up to the harger master and halted only inches from him.

"I am Ardus Dannick and this is my squad. Inform the Captain and Political Officer that I have arrived." Proclaimed Ardus to a shocked hanger master. "Did you miss something ratling! Or did I just give you an order!" Yelled Ardus to the hanger master's face.

Where Ardus was carrying his helmet, the rest of his squad was wearing theirs. Full armour clad. Ardus heard over his earpiece "Looks like we have fool already. New record I think!" "Maybe, that means Boss owes us a drink." "Oh, now thats right, he bet we'd make it off the hanger deck before ran a fool."

Ardus' right arm dropped one of his gear bags and grabbed the hanger master by the neck, lifting him from the deck. "You take to long!" Growled Ardus, followed by throwing the flailing man three meters over into a wall. Ardus picked up his bag and looked at a junior officer who was working under the hanger master. "Do I need to repeat myself?"

The JO jumped to attention and saluted. Stuttering about.... "Sss Sir No, No Sir! I will contact the Captain and P.O. you are aboard sir... Tell them you are aboard Sir!"

Ardus took a step closer to the shacking JO. "Then get to it!" and the JO ran, almost tripping over the coughing and choking hanger master on the deck.

Ardus took four steps forward and crossed off of the hanger. "Just a few damned steps more! If I hear anything from you I'll make you pray for a space vent when I'm done!" Every comm in the squad clicked off in rapid course. Ardus marched quickly forward in search of his squad's quarters.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Aniera
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Aniera »

Aniera shuts down the turret controls, breathing a soft sigh and wiping her hands on a cloth. Across the hall are two ensigns working on installing another turret, she eyes the two and steps across the hall, the door shutting behind her. Her foot lightly nudges the one under the control panel. He peaks out from underneath and quickly tries to stand but not before smacking his head against the edge of the panel. She hides a laugh as both ensigns scramble to their feet and salute. Both men are young, one with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes, the other with dark hair and deep brown eyes. She nods to the two and raises an eyebrow.

"At ease you two, how is the installation going?"

The blonde man speaks.

"Should be done within the hour ma'am."
"Were you the one who did the initial installation of the one across the hall, Ensign?"
"Yes ma'am."

She steps a bit closer, merely inches from touching him. The young man shivers and stares at her wide eyed. The darker haired man staring at the two of them.

"Please be sure you fuse the wires correctly, Ensign. The turret across the hall had the loading controls crossed with the power. We cannot keep having these mistakes with Commander Vaile on his way. Understand?"
"Y-yes ma'am..."

She nods, backing off and begins to walk down the long corridor. Other small groups are installing the new weapons systems aboard the ship. She briefly looks at each one as she passes. From the other end, a tall, light brown haired man, with the insignia that of a Lieutenant approaches her. He salutes, she returns it.

"Lieutenant Rumabarick."
"Lieutenant Saren."
"I just received word that Commander Vaile is aboard. He is looking for you..." He scrunches his nose. "What were you doing?"
"Correcting a failed installation." She looks behind her and then back toward the man.
"Well you may want to clean up, wouldn't make a very good impression if he were to meet you covered in...what is that grease?"
Aniera rolls her eyes. "Yes...grease...the gears weren't operating properly either."
He nods. "Well hurry and clean up, he'll be here in no time."

She nods as well and makes her way to her quarters.

Her room is sparsely decorated with most of her belongings still in crates. She makes her way through the chaotic placement of boxes to the shower area where she removes her elastic to let her longish, wavy auburn locks fall to her shoulders. She stares in the mirror momentarily, then starts the shower.

Fifteen minutes later, she emerges from her room. Damp hair tied back into a large braided bun, dressed in a fresh uniform.

"Hope I'm not too late..."
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Koren opened his quarters. As a general they were a lot larger than most the rest of the crew. A holopad in the center for planning different military matters. A large king size bed, and his own wash room and kitchen area. "Not bad." He mumbled to himself. Lifting a bag of his from the floor he tossed it onto the bed and unzipped it. Inside he had an assortment of information sticks and cubes, he had brought both not knowing which style of drives he'd run into. Finding his favorite holodrama he inserted it into the display and lay back on the bed to watch.

He wondered idly what ever happened to the star, Garik Loran. He hadn't been in any movies for quite awhile. Win or Die was a good movie about a child who supported the Empire while his parents did not. No matter how much he enjoyed it though he knew he couldn't watch all of it. Pausing a bit he stood up to check in the fridge, "Hmm looks like I need to head to the mess hall."

One thing that Kuart did right was designing all its Star Destroyers the same. You know your way around one Star Destroyer you know your way around them all. And so General Fodakan made his way towards the officers mess hall.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ardus entered his quarters, spying the large amount of space and trying to figure why anyone would need this much space. His squad had taken over two other quarters of equal size, splitting 6 men to each. No doubt the men would fight over who would get the big beds and who would get cotts. Walking over, he dropped his bags on the bed and began removing his armour. The plates banging as they hit the floor.

Stretching in his body sleeve, Ardus checked his comm.
"No word from the Captain or P.O. yet? Hmm, wonder if they're even awake yet, its only lunch time."

Walking back over to the bed, Ardus pulled himself out of the body sleeve and changed into his duty dressings. Checking his pistol's charge and spare mags before loading his holster. Sliding his combat blade to its sheath on his thigh and lacing his boots. Lastly pulling his gloves and beret. Checking himself in the mirror for any mistakes, not that he makes them, Ardus left his quarters and aimed towards the bridge.

Keying his earpiece, "Squad, adjust the rooms to fit all in equal standing then make for mess. Its about that time."
"Any word from the ships CO's yet Boss" asked '2'.
"Not a word yet but maybe their sleepy." Ardus replied.

The squad broke out laughing.

Ardus entered the Bridge and moved to the duty watch station. Halting as a young LT ran into his path and saluted Ardus. "Sir! Welcome to the bridge Sir!" Said the young officer.
Ardus rested his hand on his pistol, in clear view of all watching. Leaning into the LTs face, "Where is the Captain?" "None reported yet sir." "You have a ship without a Captain? Who is in command right now!?" "There is a general on board but no senior ranking navel personel aboard as of yet sir!"

Ardus began poking the LT with his free hand. The metal fingers jabbing the young man, causing him to wince in sharp little pains. "Get me the General then! Until otherwise, he is in command so if I was asking for who was in command then you should have gone to fetch the General! Instead you stood there like a fool!" Ardus' hand gripped the hilt of his pistol, many of the bridge crew now holding their breaths. "GET ME THE GENERAL!" Ardus jabbed his finger one last time into the LT causing him to stumble back a step. "SIR, right away sir, I'm sorry s..." Ardus cut him off and point to the ships inter-comm, "JUST GET HIM!"
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Being one of the first three pilots aboard of the newest wing attached to the Aetos Tagma meant that Elan had a single flight to deal with the raider that had shown up in system. The pirate must have been particularly desperate, but also cunning; the ISD wasn't yet underway, and most local assetts were being used to complete its complement. Getting away with a boatload of Imperial materiel could be very profitable.

In addition to only having a single flight, Kir found that all the interceptors were in the midst of being overhauled. The two pilot officers had laughed as he directed an ordnance droid to revamp a bomber's load for his own use, but Kir just reminded them to stay close and follow orders.

They came upon the modified Corellian freighter as it waited to pounce on a transport inbound from a small asteroid supply depot. Kir began to slow down while opening his commlink. "AT-25-9, 25-10, this is 25-3. Begin an overhead run and commence firing on his dorsal shields. Make sure you keep to starboard of his axis."

"Standard three-man flight procedure dictates-" began 25-10.

"Follow orders," cautioned Elan. "This type would rather run than fight. We'll set him up perfectly."

The TIE's proceeded, peppering the freighter's upper surface with their laser cannons, while their speed kept the pirate's quad laser from finding their range. As Kir predicted, the Corellian ship banked to port and turned its belly with its undamaged shields toward the speeding fighters - and its weakened dorsal shields right into the salvo of concussion missiles that Kir had launched. No piece of wreckage larger than three meters remained. "Forgot you could load those on a TIE/sa, did you?" Elan asked his wingmen sarcastically.

As the flight approached the Aetos Tagma, Kir tuned to the ship's holonet. Updates were coming in about the continuing arrival of members of the senior staff. Kir knew the drill and prepared himself for what was coming - conversation with the squadron leader, review by the wing commander, and introduction to the ship's political officer; some or all of which probably including defense of his tactics despite his results.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Koren slurped down a spoonful of the soup in the officer mess hall when his comlink beeped. "Fodakan here," He said into his comlink, his mouth partially full.

"This is Officer Ardus Dannick, it has been relayed to me that you're the highest ranking officer currently onboard. I need to speak to you."

"I'm at the mess hall," Koren replied, "You can meet me here... officer mess hall."

"In private."

"Alright, meet me at my office." Koren stood up, grabbing the fruit that came with his meal he walked out of the mess hall to head towards his office.

As he rounded the corner from the dining facility he ran right into a large busted woman covered in grease. "Excuse me sir." She said nervously stepping out of his way.

"Watch where you're going." He replied rubbing some of the grease off his uniform, thankfully it blended in well with what he was wearing.

"Sorry about that sir." She said looking apologetically.

"Bah get out of here." He replied cutting her off. As she walked off he caught a glimpse of her figure from behind then continued on his way.

He arrived at his office moments later round fruit in his mouth, hanging onto it with his teeth while he tried to scrub off the grease mark Aneira had given him. Ardus Dannick had beat him there with his squad mates. "Sir I believe you owe me more credits." One of them said in a hush tone as Koren entered the room.

Picking the fruit up with his hand he took a bite, "Welcome aboard bodyguard." He smiled a charming half grin. "Sorry the Captain hasn't arrived yet, I just like to be on time, call me crazy. Now what can I do for you?"

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Vaile Stood on the bridge, looking out into the void. The peace of taking the duty station when most of the commanding officers were unavaliable was....unique. Very few things had ever come near to it. Oh there was the silence of sitting alone in a nebula, or the quiet of taking as stroll in an imperial garden, but nothing compared. This was as close he was going to get to having the peace of the dead.

Peace if the dead. Something that wont happen for a while. His family had an annoying habit of not dying. His father had lived to 112 years of age. Stories had ecisted pinpointing his great grandmothers death close to 140. If death had been an eliquant educated person, he would have said that the Vaile line had an annoying persistance of vitality. A soldier would put it, as "the buggers just wont die" {quote of nameless soldier}.

He heard footsteps on the deckplating behind him, and he turned to see a nervous Lieutenant. It always amused him how everyone was afraid to approach him at first. He hoped they would become aclimatized to his easy going nature eventually. In most cases, it did not take long.

"Lieutenant Commander. The Battery control officer Aniera is looking for you, sir. I believe she was near the dining area last time i was aware."

"Good, good. Can you find her, or get someone else to find her, and send her to the bridge. She has my clearance. Thank you, boy. Now get to it," Vaile replied, smiling once again.

He returned to stargazing as the Lieutenant saluted, span on his heals, and hurried away from the bridge. Another point of amusement was how all the junior officers were so disciplined and directed, as if a dragon were bearing down their neck. he supposed it was due to the fact that normally there was a dragon of sorts always watching, always staring for any sign of lacking.

Something he had learned to ignore and cope with long ago.
Aniera
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Aniera »

The doors open to the bridge, Aniera looks in amazement at the setup. She had been on a bridge before, but nothing on as big a scale as this. She slowly walks down the aisle, passing those who are testing the helm controls and the communication panels. Her eyes are fixed on the great window in front of her, billions of stars amidst a black blanket lay before her. She stares in wonderment, the vast deepness of space will never cease to amaze her. She blinks and looks down at the floor, while a guard walks with her. He looks over to her, and then begins to blankly stare. She looks up with a raised eyebrow.

"What are you looking at?"

The guard stiffens his posture and looks straight ahead.

"Nothing ma'am!"
"That's what I thought..."

She reaches the end, standing at attention and saluting the older man standing in front of the window.

"Lieutenant Aniera Rumabarick, reporting sir!"
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Political Officer Kroi Tarrian stepped out of the Lambda-class shuttle, its engines humming gently as they powered down. Stepping down onto the deck of the Star Destroyer's aft hanger, he gazed around at the organised chaos that engulfed the bay as close to a hundred people hurried around, checking fighters, fuel supplies, ammunition stockpiles, the presence of pilots and a thousand other tasks that Tarrian new little about and cared even less about.
Holding a small bag of personal belongings in his organic hand, he located and strode over to the Hanger Master who saluted immediately.

"Welcome aboard, Sir." He said.

"At ease." Tarrian replied. "Has the Captain arrived yet?"

"Not yet, Sir. His shuttle should be arriving within the hour."

"Very well. Inform him once he arrives that I request permission to attend his briefing to the ship's senior officers." In truth, Tarrian didn't need to ask permission. With his rank he could go wherever he pleased and listen to whatever reports he could like. Still, it paid to extend a bit of courtesy to the ship's captain, even though he or she would know well that they had no say in the matter.

"Yes Sir." The Hanger Master replied.

"Right. So who is the senior officer on board right now?"

"Em....." The Hanger Master trailed off worriedly, checking a datapad quickly. "The only other officers on board right now are General Koren and Lieutenant Commander Vaile. Erm, Officer Dannick arrived on board earlier with his squad as well, Sir."

"Right. Anything else I should know?"

"Not as far as I'm aware, Sir. Shall I have someone direct you to your quarters?"

"No, I can find my own way." Tarrian replied, glancing once more around the bustling hanger before leaving.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Vaile turned to the Lieutenant, looking up and down her figure. He was quite sure that such a figure was probably how she had managed to get her rank. He did not begrudge that. It wouldn't be his method, but it worked for her. All he cared about was her capability in her job.

Which, judging by the grease stain, seemed to be good. She noticed him smiling at a large patch on her stomach, and she blushed. Before she could apologize, he held up a hand and smiled gently.

"No worries, Lieutenant. Its good to see an officer comfortable with getting off their backside and doing something to keep this ship in operation. Anyway. I've read your report. you seem to be doing well so far."

"Thank you sir" She replied, put slightly at ease due to his casual demeanor.

"And all I really need to say, is do a good job, and you'll be treated well by me. the Other officers may be...a harder case. But at least you have a command officer on your side. As far as I see it, thats about it. you can always contact me, whatever the hours if you require. That will be all, lieutenant." He said, flashing a last smile as she saluted, and turned back to the infinate starfield.

Her boots clanged against, the cold, desolate deck of the bridge as she departed.
Aniera
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Aniera »

Aniera leaves the bridge, breathing a huge sigh of relief.

"That could have gone a lot worse..."

She eyes the grease stain on her supposedly fresh uniform and grumbles to herself.

"I need to be more careful next time..."

She's not entirely sure what to think of her new commanding officer. He seems pleasant enough, easygoing..sort of reminding her of her former commanding officer. She smiles a bit, remembering him as she heads back to her quarters. Once she enters, she removes her outer coat, stripping to the black sleeveless turtleneck underneath, unpins her hair and flops onto her bed. She tilts her head a bit to get a glimpse of the outside. After resting for a few moments, her stomach grumbles. "When's the last time I've eaten?" she wonders. Sitting up, she smoothes her auburn hair down, goes to the closet and manages to find a jacket -not- covered in grease, dons it and starts toward the mess hall. She scrunches her nose a bit at the smell of the food, however it doesn't phase her since her stomach seems to growl louder. With soup, bread, fruit and drink in hand, she finds a cleanish table and begins to eat. As she eats, her eyes scan the room.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Captain Misunichix Gyealac straightened his uniform in the mirror. "Sir, we are dropping the bay door." The pilot of the Imperial Shuttle told him.

"About damn time." He muttered and stormed down the ramp.

"Welcome aboard sir, we are pleased by your..." An officer at the bottom of the ramp began to say but was cut off by the captain shouldering past him.

"Yes yes inform the senior officers I want their duty rosters completed within the hour. I want weapons completed by 0900 tomorrow. I want the hyper matter reserves refilled by 2300 tonight." He began to say passing the Storm Troopers who had lined up to greet him. "And you," He said pointing to their officer, "Begin a training program. What are you doing wasting your time watching me? Get to work!" He barked. He watched in satisfaction as he watched the bay crew run about on their erands.

"Sir, we destroyed a pirate ship earlier today." Someone said running up to him.

"Who gave the order?" The Captain asked then cut off the response, "Slag it, give them a comedation. Scavenge the wreckage for the pirate's identity. Send the ISB the full report. Increase patrol while we're in docking." He told the confused officer. Pointing to a man walking by, "You, grab a space suit and help get the weapons operaitonal."

"But sir I am not qualified to use a space suit."

"Then go out without one, get him out of my sight." The Captain waved the hangerbay tech out of his site. "Give me the Political officer as soon as you can." He told the aid who had come out to greet him who was now running behind him trying to keep up with the Captain's quicken pace, "Tell him I have ten traitors on board and he needs to find them."

"Y-Yes sir. Oh and the Political officer would like to attend our officer meeting."

"Why didn't you tell me? Why have I let you sit around this whole time I've been here, scheduel a meeting for 2000 tonight. Then grab a space suit and help finish our turbolasers." The Captain grinned as his aid ran off.

-Remain Star Trek-