Our Ship - Armour

How much armour will our ship have?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:37 am

10cm (-2% speed, -4% movement, -1 ship production)
No votes
20cm (-4% speed, -8% movement, -2 ship production)
13%
30cm (-6% speed, -12% movement, -3 ship production)
9%
40cm (-8% speed, -16% movement, -4 ship production)
6%
50cm (-10% speed, -20% movement, -5 ship production)
No votes
60cm (-12% speed, -24% movement, -6 ship production)
19%
61cm< ...
No votes
Traditional armour
3%
Ablative armour
34%
Mixture (Specify)
16%

Total votes: 32
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Our Ship - Armour

Post by Teaos »

Yeah I kicked around for ages whether to put power supply before the things that use power or after. I thought after just because we really have no idea how much power we may end up using for the big energy systems like Shields and Beam weapons and warp. If we do power first then split it up between them we may tie our hands for something we want to do latter.

Both ways have their advantages and disadvantages.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I say we do the systems first, and the power core later. That way we know the lower limit of what we need in terms of power.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah the problem with that though is that wen we are planning our shields and such we have to keep in mind that the more powerful we make them the bigger the power unit is and the less space the ship will have for other things. That will be even more of an issue if we give them multiple power units (One warp core and a few fussion reactors).

But I still think its the best way to go. Just have to keep the future in mind while planning other bits.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:
Oh, and I'll be waiting for your apology
There's absolutely no reason for him to apologise.
You, on the other hand, could do with apologising to him for your behaviour.
You don't think he should apologize for this?:
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well after you demanded evidence that he is who he says he is even after to provided some he then went on to provide some fairly convincing proof that the guy in the photo is infact him.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Not at all, Blackstar. Why should he? Given your behaviour towards him in this thread, I think you got off lightly with a simple "blow me".
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Rochey wrote:Not at all, Blackstar. Why should he? Given your behaviour towards him in this thread, I think you got off lightly with a simple "blow me".
Except it's rude and immature to a previously unseen level on this site.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Mikey wrote:OK, I just skipped over most of the BS going on in here, but let me just address this:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:What evidence is there that it was a multi-role explorer. The only times we've seen a Sov was in battle.
Really? I think the only times we've seen the Sov was in FC, Insurrection, and Nemesis.
- FC: opened the film patrolling the COMPLETELY QUIET Fed side of teh Neutral Zone, cataloging space dust and comets.
- Insurrection: opened the film on an ambassadorial mission, welcoming a new species to the UFP, while her ops officer was away on an anthropological study.
- Nemesis: called to Romulus on what was supposedly an ambassadorial/diplomatic mission.

If I'm counting right, that's three for three.
So it also participates in diplomatic and patrol missions. It wouldn't be the first warship in history used for such a purpose. And it's not uncommon for Military vessels to map the sea floor on a regular basis, with is similar to E-E's cataloging space dust and comets.

Oh, and Kendall, you're a jackass.
What do you mean "So it also... ?" You said specifically that "The only times we've seen a Sov was in battle."

Anyway, Teaos - don't second-guess the order we're doing this in. No matter what you do first, later points will have to address previous decisions. Might as well just take the order you have and run with it.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:

*cough*

Edit: You may consider this my last post in regards to this tangent. I have a feeling that Ian will lock this like the fist of an angry god if it goes further.

Teaos, do it in whatever order you feel like. As Mikey points out, all decisions are going to relate to each other and we'll probably have to revisit things a few times.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Did Blackstar make that poster of you? I would guess so, because it SHOULD be spelled "Jekyll."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Mikey wrote:Did Blackstar make that poster of you? I would guess so, because it SHOULD be spelled "Jekyll."

Yeah, seventh post from the bottom.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Rochey wrote:Not at all, Blackstar. Why should he? Given your behaviour towards him in this thread, I think you got off lightly with a simple "blow me".
Wow, it's like you completely ignored what I actualy said.
And you can drop the whole hollier-than-thou act, it's not fooling anyone. You chastising someone for being rude and immature is incredibly hypocritical.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Threads gonna get locked.....
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Doubt it. Threads have flared up worse than this without being locked.

That said, I agree that this needs to be laid to rest. We've all had our say, the matter's been resolved, and we can go back to what this thread was initialy about.
Agreed?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:Doubt it. Threads have flared up worse than this without being locked.

That said, I agree that this needs to be laid to rest. We've all had our say, the matter's been resolved, and we can go back to what this thread was initialy about.
Agreed?
Agreed.