Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Episode Discussion: SG1 1.03 "Emancipation"

Post by Varthikes »

Stargate: SG-1
"Emancipation"

This one seems to be one of the less popular ones. But, I founded it rather enjoyable. One of my favorite parts are Daniel's and Jack's reaction to seeing Sam in a Mongolian dress--especially Daniel's with his mouth hanging open. And, Sam's first line in that scene is one of her best: "Daniel, find me an Anthropologist who dresses like this, and I will eat this headdress."

Another great moment for me is the knife dual between Sam and Turghan.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Episode Discussion: SG1 1.03 "Emancipation"

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Yeah, nice to see Sam kicking ass for the first time in the series.
Not one of the better eps, IMO, but definitely not bad. About average.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Episode Discussion: SG1 1.03 "Emancipation"

Post by Monroe »

I thought the eagerness of the women to remove their headdresses was a bit fake. This was made pre-9-11 but the Afghan women show that even once 'freed' very few women brave showing their faces even years afterward. But since this was filmed in '97 sure why not :p
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-