What Would The Other Captains Have Done?

Voyager
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

What Would The Other Captains Have Done?

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Imagine each of the other captains - Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Archer - in the same ship on the same mission and the same thing happens. As far as the infamous "timer" issue, let's assume the array was destroyed some other way before they could get home - maybe in the course of a Kazon battle or something. How do they do they handle this situation differently? How far would they go in the name of getting home?

Even aside from the schizoid manner with which Janeway applied haughty Starfleet principles and her lapses in judgment which we would hope the others would not match, this is a tough challenge for any captain. Let's try to ignore the Janeway stuff and focus on the unique challenge posed, and how each of these men reacts. Let's give each his own main crew, since they seem to be packages that worked together. The rest of the random bodies around the ship don't matter much.

The limits of Voyager actually apply :!: - exactly 38 torps and a finite supply of shuttles.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: What Would The Other Captains Have Done?

Post by Teaos »

Well for weaponary Kirk would probably go pirate and steal them off someone.

Sisko would design some new type of weapon system to replace them.

Picard would bother and try to solve everything diplomatically and then if all else fails ram them.

Archer... well we've seen him do the pirate thing but that was when Earth was at risk. Probably try to trade for some.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Kirk would do what ever he has to do to get home, whatever that may be, while trying to stick to his principles(So basically Janeway with balls).

Sisko would try to negotiate but blast anyone who gets in his way.

Picard would make people cry from his boring speaches about something everyone knows.

Archer would try to negotiate with everyone, and if they don't give him what he wants he'll steal it.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Kirk would do what ever he has to do to get home, whatever that may be, while trying to stick to his principles(So basically Janeway with balls).

Sisko would try to negotiate but blast anyone who gets in his way.

Picard would make people cry from his boring speaches about something everyone knows.

Archer would try to negotiate with everyone, and if they don't give him what he wants he'll steal it.
I actually agree with most of this.

One thing about Archer is that he actually was in this situation. In one of those temporal shows ENT was stuck in the past and he stuck to his duty. Because of that I doubt he would go pirate. I think Picard would end up doing about the same thing as Janeway really. They're very similiar in their thinking. I kind of group Sisko and Kirk together too.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think Kirk would fall to piracy before Sisko though.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Kirk would just seduce their highest ranking female and get everything he needs without the need for piracy :happydevil:
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Whoring your self out for your crew... what a man.

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Indeed, what a sacrafice to make. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I feel that in general, all of them would have some similarities to Janeway. I mean, Picard and Kirk would still explore a little on their way back to Earth. They would also probly get back home in about the same time as Janeway. Though I doubt Picard would ever consider negotiating with the Borg.
Sisko, well I don't remember the series well enough to make any judjement.
Archer would get beat up several times during the course of the trip.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Rememeber it was due to Janeways need to look at every speck of dust that got them home in 1/10 the time they were suppose to.

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Teaos wrote:Rememeber it was due to Janeways need to look at every speck of dust that got them home in 1/10 the time they were suppose to.
Well, that and a bit of deus ex machina on the part of the writers. :P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Tsukiyumi wrote:
Teaos wrote:Rememeber it was due to Janeways need to look at every speck of dust that got them home in 1/10 the time they were suppose to.
You're saying we have Rochey to thank for ending the horror? :D
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:
Tsukiyumi wrote:
You're saying we have Rochey to thank for ending the horror? :D
Say what? Why rochey why?!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

What? You didn't already realise I was a twisted sadistic bastard? :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

So, how about Chakotay and the Maquis crew? How does this go down under Picard, or Sisko, or...