Main site idea

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Main site idea

Post by Mark »

Hey Graham, I really like to histories you created for some alot of those ships we no nothing about. Have you ever thought about doing some speculation on "non-cannon" designs? You know, creating new ships completely from scrach, with some kind of disclaimer?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Look in the art and design forum.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

If you mean Trek ships, we did once consider offering to host people's fan designed ships on the site, maybe in a special section or something, but it never took off.

If you mean non Trek ships you can see quite a few of my designs in the art and design forum.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I like the fact that the main page is canon only stuff with your own speculation on it. I feel fan ships would cheapen it.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

What we thought about doing was a section on "design studies"... ships down as being design proposals that Starfleet never adopted for whatever reason.

Really the A&D forum here serves the same basic purpose, though, so there's no real need.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Hey Graham, in the future, maybe we could do a poll on the main site as to everybody's favorite class of starship (one for federation, one for klingon, one for romulan, etc), everybody's favorite species (one for fed members, one for baddies), one for everybody's favorite captain, and so on?

Just a brainstorm
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I know we've done the captains one before but i dont think we've done the others.

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Mark wrote:Hey Graham, in the future, maybe we could do a poll on the main site as to everybody's favorite class of starship (one for federation, one for klingon, one for romulan, etc), everybody's favorite species (one for fed members, one for baddies), one for everybody's favorite captain, and so on?

Just a brainstorm
We have done those, actually. Look right back to the first polls we did.