Resources

Jabber Swarky
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Resources

Post by Jabber Swarky »

Hey, i dunno if this thread is in the right forum or not, or, heck, even if im allowed to make threads like this on this forum, but, here goes. Just give me a poke if i've done wrong and ill delete/fix it =p

Anyway, my local comic/gaming store just closed down, which meant that i cant get tabletop wargaming or roleplay resources anymore. Games Workshop maintains it's iron grip on the south, so the only independant stockist around here is miles away.. and, uh, besides, i dont actually know whereabouts it is within the town.

So i was wondering if anyone knew any good online stores that could help me out, particularly for dice. I do Warhammer Fantasy roleplay... which uses D10's, rather awkwardly, and at one point asks for a d100! (though i think i might have just misinterpreted that and it wants a percentile dice.) im currently just using D20's and halving the results, but it would be nice to have some propper dice.. but everywhere i look either only sells blank dice or dice carved from some exotic material that somehow makes them 15 quid more expensive.. Oh, and, heh, it has to be based in the UK, seeing as i'm not paying a fortune on Shipping ¬.¬

....Can anyone help me?
"Theres allways the March Hare... he's mad too, of course. Most people around here are. You may have noticed im not all there myself..."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Resources

Post by Deepcrush »

There are a number of online runs that can help you out with it. The d100 is used for % and you can just roll 5 d20 if you don't have the d100. There are also random counts that you can do with calculators or your computer.

As to making threads, go for it... ask questions and we'll answer you the best we can.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I always thought the d100 was a bit too far, personally. Like you said, just roll five d20's.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I'm sure there is nothing that requires a "d100" that couldn't be done exactly with percentile dice.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I've never seen a d100, so I'm still trying to visualise how the fuck you manage to shove 100 sides on a single dice. :?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:I've never seen a d100, so I'm still trying to visualise how the f**k you manage to shove 100 sides on a single dice. :?
I can't imagine it either - I've only ever seen it used as a synonym for "percentile dice."
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Here we are.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Well isn't that just... way too complex to produce instead of just using percentile dice.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Wow, how unecessary.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Ain't it though? :lol: