Buran Comment thread

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Buran Comment thread

Post by Reliant121 »

aye good luck Stitch.

Trust you blackstar ;)

i'll get a continuation post up at some point. if you wanna get a post done in the meantime, just say so.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Reliant121 wrote:Trust you blackstar ;)
What? :angel1:
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Still composing an intro piece. I'll try to have it up by tonight (U.S. EST,) but any deadlines of mine would end up like Rochey's.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

A few questions:
1) Anyone know what type of clothing the medical staff on ENT era ships wore? Phlox's apparel didn't appear to be a uniform, as it changed on several occasions. I've checked out Memory Alpha, but there was nothing there.
In the absence of any info, I was thinking of just something similar to modern day doctors, IE long white coat, shirt, trousers.

2) Do I get my own office? The CMOs on all the other starships had their own office, but I can't remember whether there was one on the NX class.

3) How would a medic refer to themself? That is to say, would they introduce themselves as 'Medic Joe', or would it be by rank, such as 'Ensign Joe'?

4) Can I bring a small, and safe, pet aboard?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:4) Can I bring a small, and safe, pet aboard?
Here's my guesses, which are by no means gospel:
Rochey wrote:1) Anyone know what type of clothing the medical staff on ENT era ships wore? Phlox's apparel didn't appear to be a uniform, as it changed on several occasions. I've checked out Memory Alpha, but there was nothing there.
In the absence of any info, I was thinking of just something similar to modern day doctors, IE long white coat, shirt, trousers.
ENT was a bad example; McCoy wore either a uniform or a surgeon's tunic; Pulaski and Crusher wore modified unis; and Bashir and the Doctor wore standard unis. However, I would guess that the standard ENT jumpsuit isn't that well suited to your line of work, so maybe go with either a specialized uni or civvies.
Rochey wrote:2) Do I get my own office? The CMOs on all the other starships had their own office, but I can't remember whether there was one on the NX class.
I got the impression, though I don't have chapter and verse, that Phlox had sort of an alcove that served as an office.
Rochey wrote:3) How would a medic refer to themself? That is to say, would they introduce themselves as 'Medic Joe', or would it be by rank, such as 'Ensign Joe'?
I don't know - is "corpsman" too archaic?
Rochey wrote:4) Can I bring a small, and safe, pet aboard?
Doesn't bother me.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

ENT was a bad example; McCoy wore either a uniform or a surgeon's tunic; Pulaski and Crusher wore modified unis; and Bashir and the Doctor wore standard unis. However, I would guess that the standard ENT jumpsuit isn't that well suited to your line of work, so maybe go with either a specialized uni or civvies.
I would have just gone with a modified version of the normal jumpsuit, but they seemed a bit impractical. I think I'll take your advice and go for civvies, which is what Phlox seemed to just wear, but add the afore-mentioned white coat to indicate that they're a member of the medical staff.
I got the impression, though I don't have chapter and verse, that Phlox had sort of an alcove that served as an office.
I'll just go with that then. The ship seemed to me to be a bit small to merit my own office.
I don't know - is "corpsman" too archaic?
*shrug* Don't know. Any idea how modern military medics refer to themselves (Kendall?)?
Doesn't bother me.
Cool.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Rochey wrote:
I would have just gone with a modified version of the normal jumpsuit, but they seemed a bit impractical. I think I'll take your advice and go for civvies, which is what Phlox seemed to just wear, but add the afore-mentioned white coat to indicate that they're a member of the medical staff.
I would go with a pair of uniform pants in the same style as the ENT flightsuit and a loose short sleeve shirt with some large pockets, think Bones short sleeve surgical shirt but with some chest pockets (same colours as the flight suit). Same apparel for the medics and nurse minus the lab coat (that's a doctor only thing). For added cool factor, have the nurse carry a stethoscope around her neck.

That's basically what actual medical staff wear on a ship or military base. The jumpsuit restricts movement and it's nice to be able to ID the med staff instantly (maybe a red cross armband).

*shrug* Don't know. Any idea how modern military medics refer to themselves (Kendall?)?
Depends on the service, medic is commonly used by Commonwealth forces, Corpsman by the US Marines and the US Navy.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Pets fine by me Rochey. I believe there was a small office alcove space behind the standalone cabinet where Flox's Denubian bats or whatever they are were kept. There was also a computer terminal space the the left of the room where he recorded his messages to a friend about some plague.

I'll give it until this afternoon - about 6/7 hours - and then i'll get a briefing post up.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I would go with a pair of uniform pants in the same style as the ENT flightsuit and a loose short sleeve shirt with some large pockets, think Bones short sleeve surgical shirt but with some chest pockets (same colours as the flight suit). Same apparel for the medics and nurse minus the lab coat (that's a doctor only thing). For added cool factor, have the nurse carry a stethoscope around her neck.

That's basically what actual medical staff wear on a ship or military base. The jumpsuit restricts movement and it's nice to be able to ID the med staff instantly (maybe a red cross armband).
Alright then. I'll make a few quick edits to my first post, then.
Depends on the service, medic is commonly used by Commonwealth forces, Corpsman by the US Marines and the US Navy.
I'll go with medic. Corspman just sounds odd. Plus, I keep mentaly saying it as "corpse-man".
Pets fine by me Rochey. I believe there was a small office alcove space behind the standalone cabinet where Flox's Denubian bats or whatever they are were kept. There was also a computer terminal space the the left of the room where he recorded his messages to a friend about some plague.
Alright, cool.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Rochey wrote:Plus, I keep mentaly saying it as "corpse-man".
How good are you? That might be appropriate. :P
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

That's it, no more anathetic for you!
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I didn't know enough about blackstar's major to play the character so take it away :)
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Speaking of Blackstar's character, I just caught this bit:
Name: Bastet
Species: Human
Height: 6' 1"
[snip]
Physician data: Requires a monthly check up with the ship's medical staff. Additional information classified under personal information.
Given the 'supposedly' and the abnormal height for a female, am I to infer she is actualy a shi?
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm getting something up today, dammit.

Don't take off without me!
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tsu, can't you post anything without straying into innuendo?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.