Right. I'm putting my foot down now.

Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Right. I'm putting my foot down now.

Post by Reliant121 »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Bravo dude! So do you have trouble finding finding pants that fit your balls?
ah no. APPARENTLY thats dads forte. I have no space for the cucumber ;)
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Alright, I decided to work out some rudimentary stats. So here they are (before you get your panties (and other assorted undergarments) in a knot , they come wwith Reliants Blessing)

NX-06 Buran
Launched: 21(what year seems good for 06?)
Weapons: 6 advanced Laser cannons
6 x Mod 4 Spatial Torpedoe Launchers. 4 fore 2 aft 25 rounds each
Speed: Mx. Cruise: Warp 4.6
Mx. Possible: Warp 5.2 for 3hrs
--so the WC has been upgraded and the weapons somehow as well.
Last edited by Sonic Glitch on Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Reliant121 wrote: ah no. APPARENTLY thats dads forte. I have no space for the cucumber ;)
:lol:
Alright, I decided to work out some rudimentary stats. So here they are (before you get your panties (and other assorted undergarments) in a knot , they come wwith Reliants Blessing)

NX-06 Buran
Launched: 21(what year seems good for 06?)
Weapons: 6 advanced Laser cannons
6 x Mod 4 Spatial Torpedoe Launchers. (the ones w/ atomic warheads)
Speed: Mx. Cruise: Warp 4.6
Mx. Possible: Warp 5.2 for 3hrs
--so the WC has been upgraded and the weapons somehow as well.
Looks good, how many rounds are we going with for the launchers? So we avoid the VOY infinite torpedo syndrome and keep in mind that the front and rear launchers would need seperate magazines (as I haven't seen them move them through the ship and I'm not sure how they'd get them in that little pod), so that means seperate numbers for the front and rear.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Or we could use the Voyager Infinite Torpedoe Syndrome to our advantage and not worry about such things. :-)

I'm kidding, I see your point. According to Graham, the torpedoe outload of the Enterprise is 5 tubes w/ 40 rounds. But we don't know if thats overall (8 rounds per tube) or 40 rounds each tube (200 rounds total). I would assume since the ES is waking up to the hostilitites out there, and are worrying about Romulans, torpedo capacity may have been upgraded. Which seems more outrageous? 8 rounds per tube, or 200 rounds total?
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

me,myself and I wrote:Or we could use the Voyager Infinite Torpedoe Syndrome to our advantage and not worry about such things. :-)

I'm kidding, I see your point. According to Graham, the torpedoe outload of the Enterprise is 5 tubes w/ 40 rounds. But we don't know if thats overall (8 rounds per tube) or 40 rounds each tube (200 rounds total). I would assume since the ES is waking up to the hostilitites out there, and are worrying about Romulans, torpedo capacity may have been upgraded. Which seems more outrageous? 8 rounds per tube, or 200 rounds total?
25 per tube I think is good. The forward tubes could actually share their ammo loadout anyways in the advent of some being knocked out. Ditto for the rear.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:Or we could use the Voyager Infinite Torpedoe Syndrome to our advantage and not worry about such things. :-)

25 per tube I think is good. The forward tubes could actually share their ammo loadout anyways in the advent of some being knocked out. Ditto for the rear.
So 150torps over all?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

me,myself and I wrote:
So 150torps over all?
Honestly I think that's really high but this is a story and how often do we want to return to dock?

5 x 25=125 BTW
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:
So 150torps over all?
Honestly I think that's really high but this is a story and how often do we want to return to dock?

5 x 25=125 BTW
I added a torpedo tube, 6 instead of 5. 6(25)=150.
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

me,myself and I wrote:
I added a torpedo tube, 6 instead of 5. 6(25)=150.
Oops! And you already told me that and I missed it, no doubt. :oops:
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Actually, this brings up a problem. In at least one ep (that I can remember, I think it was the Borg one) the aft torp tube was on the pod. In others, there were two on the lower back of the saucer (similar to the front ones). You can see them in the visual model, and I will try to find a picture of them firering.
So, how do we work this out?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Thats why I made 6 tubes; 3 fore, 3 aft. I figure we can divide the 150 torps in half and divide them fore and aft. 75 split between the 3 foreward tubes (25 each), but they can share ammo in case on is knocked out or what have you. 75 split between the 3 aft tubes (25 each again) but only the 2 in the saucer can share ammo. If the pod runs out, the pod runs out.

Yes? No? Good? Bad?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

It might be better if we stick with just four tubes to simplify things - two forward, two aft, in the saucer. Either ignore the one in the rollbar or say that the later ships didn't have it because it complicated ammunition supply or some such.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I prefer Seaforts idea, but ultimatly it's up to Reliant.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

me,myself and I wrote:Thats why I made 6 tubes; 3 fore, 3 aft. I figure we can divide the 150 torps in half and divide them fore and aft. 75 split between the 3 foreward tubes (25 each), but they can share ammo in case on is knocked out or what have you. 75 split between the 3 aft tubes (25 each again) but only the 2 in the saucer can share ammo. If the pod runs out, the pod runs out.

Yes? No? Good? Bad?
There are four forward firing tubes on the model.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Captain Seafort wrote:It might be better if we stick with just four tubes to simplify things - two forward, two aft, in the saucer. Either ignore the one in the rollbar or say that the later ships didn't have it because it complicated ammunition supply or some such.
IDK, the stats say 5 tubes on the Ent. I figure they wouldn't decrease the ammount of tubes, especially if there's a crisis brewing.

4 forward tubes? I'd say 7 tubes is a little outrageous :-). How can we compromise on this?