Intrepid Class
30%
Neptune Class
20%

Total votes: 10
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

What type of ship?

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Alright, now onto the next topic for...*ahem* discussion :roll:. What type of ship? I'll keep the poll running for 4 days to try and encourage a decison. Really I'm fine with any of the classes, whichever class wins I'll serve on.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Re: What type of ship?

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Maybe it would've made more sense to have this poll first, with the additonal option of a canon NX-class. Would've saved a lot of time. I vote Intrepid.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

As do I.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Not to get into the same type of argument, but are we to assume that if it's not an NX then we'd have a warp core uprated at least to the point of usefulness?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Oh god yes.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

OK. Then I can vote soon.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

If we're setting this during the mid-late Romulan War (ie around the turn of the 2150s/2160s) it's probably best to use an NX class ship. By that stage they weren't Starfleet's front-line ship any more - they were being replaced by the Daedalus class, and so could easilly be consined to second line duties as is being envisioned by the scenario.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Captain Seafort wrote:If we're setting this during the mid-late Romulan War (ie around the turn of the 2150s/2160s) it's probably best to use an NX class ship. By that stage they weren't Starfleet's front-line ship any more - they were being replaced by the Daedalus class, and so could easilly be consined to second line duties as is being envisioned by the scenario.
But this is supposed to have lasers and atomic warheads. I still say it wouldn't make any sense for an NX-class ship to have downgraded weapons unless it was converted to civilian duty or something. Escpecially when they were just in or participating in a war.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I'm gonna get killed for this by some, I know....but: we could retcon everything so the NX-01 never had those fancy weapons and just assume everything in the series was done with "lasers" and spatial torpedoes.
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'm more of the mind that some development led to lasers being more reliable and/or more powerful than phase cannons, and nukes just were easier to mass-produce than photonic torpedoes.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:I'm more of the mind that some development led to lasers being more reliable and/or more powerful than phase cannons, and nukes just were easier to mass-produce than photonic torpedoes.
Or we can go w/ that...whichever, I really don't care. :-)
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

me,myself and I wrote:I'm gonna get killed for this by some, I know....but: we could retcon everything so the NX-01 never had those fancy weapons and just assume everything in the series was done with "lasers" and spatial torpedoes.
Why stop there? Let's make it so that Andorian's antennas don't move, the romulans don't have FTL propulsion, and the ship has a smooth undetailed white hull that doesn't look like the Akira's little sister! :evil:
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:I'm gonna get killed for this by some, I know....but: we could retcon everything so the NX-01 never had those fancy weapons and just assume everything in the series was done with "lasers" and spatial torpedoes.
Why stop there? Let's make it so that Andorian's antennas don't move, the romulans don't have FTL propulsion, and the ship has a smooth undetailed white hull that doesn't look like the Akira's little sister! :evil:
Well if you insist...

THATS RIGHT FOLKS! We now have a direct quote of Blackstar advocating changing everything! :happydevil:

--sorry, I couldn't resist. I have a tendency to be a smart-as$ if you haven't noticed. :-)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Romulans don't have FTL drive? Find out what you're referring to before you mock it. TOS:BoT posited, per Scotty, that the Romulan ship had "simple impulse POWER" (my emphasis,) not that they didn't have FTL drive.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Mikey wrote:Romulans don't have FTL drive? Find out what you're referring to before you mock it. TOS:BoT posited, per Scotty, that the Romulan ship had "simple impulse POWER" (my emphasis,) not that they didn't have FTL drive.
Good point...it was never established if impulse POWER (repeating your emphasis) necessarily means limited to impulse SPEED(my emphasis), if visuals do indeed trump dialogue, those definitely looked like warp nacelles sticking out of the body of the BoP.