20%

Total votes: 10
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Re: What type of ship?

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Captain Seafort wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:That's Rochey's excuse for everything
And 99 times out of a hundred, he's right.
That's just lazy though. He should come up with an explination rather then "the writers are stupid". That's like a person against guns always saying "guns kill and killing is bad.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
ChakatBlackstar wrote:That's Rochey's excuse for everything
And 99 times out of a hundred, he's right.
That's just lazy though. He should come up with an explination rather then "the writers are stupid". That's like a person against guns always saying "guns kill and killing is bad.
But you could counter argue saying people using guns kill not the guns themselves. Writers are stupid I suppose you could say the studio using the writers is stupid. But the writers really are stupid just all by themselves unlike the guns which are perfectly fine to sit there writers cause all kinds of evils if you let them sit.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I have no interest in making excuses for the stupidity of the writing staff. If they do something stupid I'm not going to jump through hoops trying to rationalise something. Particularly not when it simply can't be rationalised.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:
I have no interest in making excuses for the stupidity of the writing staff. If they do something stupid I'm not going to jump through hoops trying to rationalise something.
So, I was right about you being lazy then.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No, I just know when something is impossible to adequately rationalise, such as this. If I can rationalise it, I'll try. If it's so stupid it can't be, then I won't bother.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:No, I just know when something is impossible to adequately rationalise, such as this. If I can rationalise it, I'll try. If it's so stupid it can't be, then I won't bother.
Concession accepted
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

What, exactly am I conceeding? I notice a lack of debate going on around here.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Rochey wrote:What, exactly am I conceeding? I notice a lack of debate going on around here.
You're conceding that you're lazy
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:You're conceding that you're lazy
No, he's calling a spade a spade. Instead of tying himself in knots tryng to rationalise the vast piles of garbage Trek writers spewed out during Voyager, Insurrection, Nemesis and Enterprise.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Exactly.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Captain Seafort wrote:
No, he's calling a spade a spade. Instead of tying himself in knots tryng to rationalise the vast piles of garbage Trek writers spewed out during Voyager, Insurrection, Nemesis and Enterprise.
You forgot TNG.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well whoop-de-doo for him. :roll:
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:
You forgot TNG.
In all fairness, TNG had less garbage then Voyager, and Enterprise (as someone who liked both Nemesis* & Insurrection I cannot in good conscience consign them to the rubbish bin) which could be why it was ommitted.

*Yes, I know "how can anyone like that horrible send off?" but I like it for the general concept...once you get past the Scimitar: What do we do when we're faced with a dark reflection of ourselves? What makes us who we are? Genetics or our choices?
As for Insurrection, the idea wasn't bad. I'm not too surprised an unscrupulous admiral was able to hide something under the Federations nose. He probably ommitted the phrase "oh yes, the planet is populated by 600 people who are already using the radiation." One of the DS9 Relaunch novels actually had a fairly succinct explanation. It was a S31 operation and Dourghty(sp?) was the front man to take the blame.*
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

me,myself and I wrote:
In all fairness, TNG had less garbage then Voyager, and Enterprise (as someone who liked both Nemesis* & Insurrection I cannot in good conscience consign them to the rubbish bin) which could be why it was ommitted.
It was also a lot less interesting
*Yes, I know "how can anyone like that horrible send off?" but I like it for the general concept...once you get past the Scimitar: What do we do when we're faced with a dark reflection of ourselves? What makes us who we are? Genetics or our choices?
I just liked the pretty explosions
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:
It was also a lot less interesting
True, but I'd rather not watch Garbage (hence why I don't watch much TV anymore). I'd rather watch something that makes sense in context then something that screws over its forerunners.
I just liked the pretty explosions[/quote]

The explosions were quite nice I must admit. :-) My only regret is/are the cut scenes I think they should've kept them in, it would've been more interesting.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."