Why is the lying man still in charge of the law?

In the real world
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Why is the lying man still in charge of the law?

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Tune into C-SPAN when Alberto Gonzalez is on, and he spews so much bullshit that he alone could cause the sea levels to rise. It basically goes like this, for those of you fortunate enough to not have seen it yet:

Senator X: Why were these attorneys fired?

Gonzalez: Well you see I can't recall exactly why they were fired... but it wasn't for political reasons.

Senator X: You can't remember, but you're sure it was a legitimate reason?

Gonzalez: No, I mean there were other attorneys who were fired for legitimate reasons, such as engaging in a relationship with fellow employees, or drinking within working hours...

Senator X: So were there any attorneys fired for those reasons?

Gonzalez: No.

Senator Y: Did anyone in the executive branch order you to delete e-mails to prevent them from being read?

Gonzalez: Well you see that's a matter of an ongoing investigation and I'm not going to answer that question.

Senator Z: When and why did all these e-mails disappear when they're supposed to be stored in multiple backup vaults?

Gonzalez: Again, I'm not going to answer a question that is regarding an ongoing process...

Senator Z: I'm sorry, I didn't realize you couldn't answer any relevant questions.

How does this man still have a job? All he does is go in front of congress and basically give them the finger all day long. It absolutely boggles the mind that he hasn't been fired yet.

Thoughts?
RedDwarfian
Petty officer second class

Post by RedDwarfian »

Personally, I don't think impeaching Bush would be a good idea.

The proper solution is to impeach Cheney, and the entirety of the Bush administration staff, for the worst abuse of power by the US government since the Regan administration.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Its worse than Reagan. Personally I would say worse presidency since reconstruction.

They dropped Rumsfield when he became too big of a liability they'll probably drop Gonzo next.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

I second impeaching the entire admistration. If you get rid of Bush and Cheney replaced him... well I don't trust the guy who shot his friend in the face.

Bush is an idiot. The war in Iraq was unessesary. While our attention was devided between Iraq and Afgahnistan the Terrorists have regained their strength along the Afgahn-Pakistan border and Iraq has fallen into civil war! Not only that but Bush himself has violated hundreds of laws. But none of the public ones are enough to impeach him.
RedDwarfian

Post by RedDwarfian »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:...I don't trust the guy who shot his friend in the face.
Paula Poundstone, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me wrote:I don't know why you keep giving him a hard time about that! The victim has apologized... what more do you need? His entire family feels sorry for what they put the Cheneys through!
Gotta love NPR.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I don't favor impeaching Bush. I just want someone to make him finish elementary school.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't favor impeaching Bush. I just want someone to make him finish elementary school.
:lol:

I hope you'll forgive me for going off topic here, but do the next presidential candidates look any smarter? The last thing we need is another Bush.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Rochey wrote:
:lol:

I hope you'll forgive me for going off topic here, but do the next presidential candidates look any smarter? The last thing we need is another Bush.
By far. Unfortunately you could say the same about John Prescott.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Barack Obama definitely has a head on his shoulders as well as some level of conviction. He's getting my vote.
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Oh good. Hopefully you'll get someone with a brain in charge this tim. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That's the problem with a democracy - the majority isn't always right.
as Bull offed Custer
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

I would favour impeaching Bush, but then you'd have President Cheney which is infinitely worse.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I don't suppose it would be possible to impeach both of them?
Yeah, I know nothing about US politics. :)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Unfortunately, the impeachment process can be stretched out for so long, especially with a Supreme Court full of Bush supporters/appointees, that it wouldn't even make sense to attempt it.

Impeachment isn't the answer, though... the American public just has to learn the hard way the truth of the adage, "Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it." Historically, the lower classes, trhe economically underpriveleged, inner-city residents, and minorities don't vote in great numbers - even thought these vpoters would go Democrati by a large majority. Maybe this time, some people will consider what happened when they didn't vote...
as Bull offed Custer
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Ok, thanks for the info.