WoW - I've got to ask :P

Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

WoW - I've got to ask :P

Post by Monroe »

Being a WoW nerd with awesome t6 and what not I've got to ask, how many other World of Warcraft players are there out there?

I'm Monroe, Zancon, Ansharr on Earthen Ring (US).
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: WoW - I've got to ask :P

Post by Mikey »

I dabbled a bit, when Blizzard was offering a free month. Never spent a lot of time or effort, and I sort of abandoned it after I got a new graphics accelerator and it made my command interface all screwy. I had a lvl 18 dwarf hunter with a simple little wolf that I kinda turned into a bit of a fast-attack death machine. Damn thing needed to eat every 45 seconds, though, if I wanted him to stay happy.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

oops I forgot to mention all my chars are alliance.

Yeah I dabbled in hunter some I really had fun cause you can't always quest with other people and having a pet around kind of helps and makes it funner to solo as silly as it sounds :P Just I hate the hunter races far as the Role Playing potential. A dwarf wouldn't be a bad RP though...

Thing with the animal is that the higher up you go the less often you have to feed it. Once their loyality gets really high they don't eat as much.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

never even considered it. I'm not paying that money for a game so outdated.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I jumped in for the free offer without any knowledge of what I was doing, so I also was pretty limited in my know-how to begin professions, join groups, etc.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I would be okay, MMORPG's tend to follow a similar layout and style. Its just never interested me.

Guild Wars..thats different. SW Galaxies and Star Trek Online both interest, and i tried EVE for a while/
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I did SW Galaxies for awhile. It rocked for role playing. Sadly though a ton of rebels are really proud to show their rebel flags and me role playing an Imperial officer.. I started a lot of fights and got kicked out of the very cliquish community. But it was still fun being the most hated Imperial guild in perhaps the whole game.

-Remain Star Trek-
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Reliant121 wrote:I would be okay, MMORPG's tend to follow a similar layout and style. Its just never interested me.

Guild Wars..thats different. SW Galaxies and Star Trek Online both interest, and i tried EVE for a while/
I never played MMORPG's. I always hear storys about gaming addicts who spend a lot of time on these games. And then you have your uber strong level 40 or whatever guys who are online with all their free time who pretty much own the place and make things not fun.

I might look into Star Trek Online.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

I think only SWG was stupid enough to have classes that could solo anything in the game and a class that could solo of the classes :p That said I had both lol

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:
Reliant121 wrote:I would be okay, MMORPG's tend to follow a similar layout and style. Its just never interested me.

I never played MMORPG's. I always hear storys about gaming addicts who spend a lot of time on these games. And then you have your uber strong level 40 or whatever guys who are online with all their free time who pretty much own the place and make things not fun.

most games are structured so you can only attack another player in sactioned duels, and can sort of claim insurance if they kill you.

Star Trek Online isn't complete. its been on the drawing board for ages.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I had a lvl 50 Human Mage.

I loved playing mage. Best class by a mile. Unleashing huge amounts of DPS.

A few other lvl 20's and 30's.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Teaos wrote:I had a lvl 50 Human Mage.

I loved playing mage. Best class by a mile. Unleashing huge amounts of DPS.

A few other lvl 20's and 30's.
Yeah mages are nice. They aren't over powered either like locks and hunters can be and fulfill the same role (ranged DPS-CC).

-Remain Star Trek-
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:

Here's some free advice: if you get into MMORPG's get a free to play one. I have Guild Wars (abandoned long ago) because I refused to pay the 35$ USD a month to play. With GW you don't play against people except in a sanctioned area but I got tired of young teens spamming up the chat with sex/religion and general BS and one quest was pretty much the same as the next.

As for ST Online, don't hold your breath. The contractor went under and it was then picked up but without most of the existing code so it won't be out for a number of years ( I hear Duke Nukem Forever will be out first). At any rate the promo shots looked like GW with phasers (the TV remote style to boot).
Grundig
Commander
Commander

Post by Grundig »

Didn't some guy die after spending 36 hours in an internet cafe during a raid?
"I have nothing to say, I am saying it, and that is poetry."
John Cage
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

schizo-hal wrote:Didn't some guy die after spending 36 hours in an internet cafe during a raid?
That'd be one hell of a raid.

-Remain Star Trek-