What being BRITISH is all about!!

MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

What being BRITISH is all about!!

Post by MetalHead »

ITS ABOUT!!!

Driving in a GERMAN car to an IRISH pub for a BELGIAN pint of beer, and on your way home stopping for a INDIAN curry, TURKISH kebab or maybe a full on CHINESE meal. Then you get home and sit on a SWEEDISH sofa watching AMERICAN programes on a JAPANESE TV, while being very suspicious of anything forigen. Only in britian can you get a pizza to your door faster than an ambulance, go into a bank with wide open doors and encounter pens chained to the counter, watch sick people go to the back of a supermarket for medicine, and healthy ones come right to the front for cigarettes. GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

lol, got it via text.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: What being BRITISH is all about!!

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Pretty funny, Dev. Sounds like Houston. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Your mate forgot to mention queuing, and grumbling about the weather regardless of what the weather's doing. :wink:
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Captain Seafort wrote:Your mate forgot to mention queuing, and grumbling about the weather regardless of what the weather's doing. :wink:
That also sounds like Houston. We've got more in common than I realized. :wink:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

you also forget national television institutions like....doctor who and...corination street and....QI...THATS british!
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

You are forgetting things like cash in the attic, bargain hunt, sun sea and bargain spotting, flog it and from trash to cash. Lovely BBC programs.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Is "cash in the attic" a show about antiques and their values?
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

All of the abovementioned, axcept from trash to cash, mostly. All programs deal with making money, mostly dealing with antiques, sometimes for a good cause, other times just to be today's winner. And most of the time that goes via auction.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

you've also got the newer market development programmes about buying houses in auction and Doing them up for a great profit. cant remember the shows name though.
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

i'm not really into that housing market though. And I suppose it is a bad idea to refurbish houses too much anyway, especially if not done properly. you'll inflate the housing market quite much like it happened in the US.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

hahaha, it was just a joke, lol.

and reliant, its CORRIE not coronation street (even though I dont watch crap like that, lol)
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
Thorin
Captain
Captain

Post by Thorin »

Fish and Chips. Yorkshire.

There, nice 'n' British now :wink:
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Thorin wrote:Fish and Chips. Yorkshire.

There, nice 'n' British now :wink:
I can get pretty good fish & chips at a few places around here, like my favorite pub, Baker St. No Yorkshire, though, other than the terriers. :)
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

And Yorkie terriers are MUCH tougher to digest...

Anyway, it sounds like Britain and suburban America have more in common than we thought - especially since we have our own versions now of "Trading Spaces," "Flip That House," etc. And add complaining about the government even if it's doing everything you've ever espoused and voted for.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I would say post offices. but there arent many left now, so i cant. Lets just say, co-op branches -.-'