Ship of the Week: Nebulon-B Frigate

SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Ship of the Week: Nebulon-B Frigate

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

I've always loved the Nebulon-B Frigate. Despite the spar weakness, it was fairly well armed and shielded for a ship its size.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

SuperSaiyaMan12 wrote:I've always loved the Nebulon-B Frigate. Despite the spar weakness, it was fairly well armed and shielded for a ship its size.
Aye. They've never been easy to solo in X-Wing games... that being said I soloed a Super Star Destroyer no cheats on X-Wing Alliance in an A-Wing.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

They are very useful in Empire at War. I had two and took down a Victory. it was easy, once the victory's proton launcher was gone.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Uh, the Victory-class doesn't have any torps in EAW. It has two turbolaser bateries, and an ion cannon. The only Imperial ship with torps is the Aclamator class.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

bugger. shows i havnt played in a long time.....
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:Uh, the Victory-class doesn't have any torps in EAW. It has two turbolaser bateries, and an ion cannon. The only Imperial ship with torps is the Aclamator class.
They do have torp tubes in Star Wars though.
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Monroe wrote:They do have torp tubes in Star Wars though.
The Vics carry concussion missiles though, not proton torpedoes. The missiles are more powerful.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Oh yeah. My bad.

-Remain Star Trek-
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Heinous... but immensely fun to disable using a Gunboat in the old Star Wars game "Tie Fighter". Use your concussion missiles to take out the few laser batteries from a distance, drop its shields with lasers/ions, disable with ion cannons, and slowly watch it go down to nothing =)

The advanced frigate, though, now that was tougher.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Bryan Moore wrote:Heinous... but immensely fun to disable using a Gunboat in the old Star Wars game "Tie Fighter". Use your concussion missiles to take out the few laser batteries from a distance, drop its shields with lasers/ions, disable with ion cannons, and slowly watch it go down to nothing =)

The advanced frigate, though, now that was tougher.
The one with two things hanging down from it at angles? Yeah that model of Frigate was tough. Shame they didn't build more of them. I can say that with conviction because I don't think they appear anywhere outside of the video games.

-Remain Star Trek-
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Never played the game
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

It was a pretty cool game.
The only problem is that whenever you blew up an A-Wing, the freaking fuselage would fly out of the wreckage and ram you, thus killing you. I swear, those things are like fracking homing missiles.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Rochey wrote:It was a pretty cool game.
The only problem is that whenever you blew up an A-Wing, the freaking fuselage would fly out of the wreckage and ram you, thus killing you. I swear, those things are like fracking homing missiles.
What was the name of the battle that the Yuuzhan Vong War was turned in? Ebaq 6 or something? Didn't Verenge use an A-Wing in the same manner?

-Remain Star Trek-
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

No idea, didn't read it.
I'd love to hear of a writer including that little bit, though. :)
SuperSaiyaMan12
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SuperSaiyaMan12 »

please do not mention the Vong...the less NJO the better...