Carrier

Deep Space Nine
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Carrier

Post by Deepcrush »

I dont know about that. Those fighters seemed to give a fair hurt with what they had.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Really? I'd like to see some evidence of them taking down even a single ship. Dukat seemed pretty relaxed about the whole business.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

One screen I think they only took down one Galor. If they had been used to support the main attack the fighters could have focused on taking out Jem'Bugs. I'm not saying they were huge during the battle but I think they still seemed to cause fair damage with what seemed to be a poorly thought out payload.

Of note about Dukat.
His fleet outnumbered his enemy 1200 to 600 with 2000 ships on their way. If he had been worried about 3200 to 600 odds then there would have been something very wrong.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Captain Seafort wrote:The can be used as the key part of a battle, but not as breakthrough units. Sisko's tactics during Op RETURN were probably the most effective use they could be put to - buzzing the Cardies untill they got p*ssed-off enough to go after them, despite not suffering any significant damage.
If they posed no real and immidieate threat to the Cardie ships, why break formation and go after them? Any expeirinced commander would have realized they were inconsequential and just blew them off.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

The Cardies in general seem to be rather prone to distraction and visceral, rather than rational, decisions in emotional situations.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:The Cardies in general seem to be rather prone to distraction and visceral, rather than rational, decisions in emotional situations.
So, we could have just mooned them and gotten the same reaction :lol:
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Mark wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:The can be used as the key part of a battle, but not as breakthrough units. Sisko's tactics during Op RETURN were probably the most effective use they could be put to - buzzing the Cardies untill they got p*ssed-off enough to go after them, despite not suffering any significant damage.
If they posed no real and immidieate threat to the Cardie ships, why break formation and go after them? Any expeirinced commander would have realized they were inconsequential and just blew them off.
Didn't Dukat realise Sisko's strategy and have his ships chase the fighters to lure Sisko into a trap?
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Mark wrote:
Mikey wrote:The Cardies in general seem to be rather prone to distraction and visceral, rather than rational, decisions in emotional situations.
So, we could have just mooned them and gotten the same reaction :lol:
I don't think the DS9 unis had a "trap door."
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

:::composoing note to Starfleet Corps of Engineers:::

Remember to include "trap doors" on the next generation of fighters. Useful for infuriating Cardassians, and most likely Klingons as well.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I meant on the uniforms, not the craft. You can't properly moon someone if you can't expose your ass.
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

kostmayer wrote:Didn't Dukat realise Sisko's strategy and have his ships chase the fighters to lure Sisko into a trap?
He did, eventually. Sisko expected that to happen spontaneously a lot earlier, due to Cardie indiscipline - in practice they proved a lot more controllable, probably due to Dukat anticipating the tactic and warning his commanders off beforehand. When it actually did happen, it was part of a coordinated move, with Galors in position to counterattack the overextended Fed forces, which very nearly destroyed Sisko's isolated squadron - only the arrival of the Klingons allowed the Defiant to break through to DS9.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

What allowed Sisko to last long enough for the Klingons to show was that Dax saw Dukat's trap and Sisko ordered the GCS to hold the gap open for him.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:I meant on the uniforms, not the craft. You can't properly moon someone if you can't expose your ass.
Why wear pants in the first place? :jester:
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Deepcrush wrote:What allowed Sisko to last long enough for the Klingons to show was that Dax saw Dukat's trap and Sisko ordered the GCS to hold the gap open for him.
Yeah. As we have the cinematic shot of the Fed fleet engaging impulse, a Cardie warship comes in and opens fire, hitting a Saber and a Miranda i think. Then two Galaxy class ships unleash the type X's on the Galor, disabling her.