Political test

In the real world
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Political test

Post by Teaos »

This is not the best one on the net but it is rather quick to do and will give a fairly good result.

I have done far more advanced ones and my placement is pretty much the same.

http://www.okcupid.com/politics

I was a Libertarian and proud of it. In the famous people photo I was a bit to the right of Washingtons head.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

You are best described as a:

Centrist (35e/55s)

You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness.
Not bad, I guess. Keeping in mind it was an American poll and I live in Ireland.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Ah yes I forgot to mention that everytime it says America replace it with what ever country you are from.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Why would anyone want to answer an arbitrary group of questions in order to receive an arbitrary label from something (a computer algorithm) that doesn't think?
Martin
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Martin »

Strong Democrat (23e/71s)

You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness.

Hmm, I seem to be on Hilary Clinton's head!
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Why would anyone want to answer an arbitrary group of questions in order to receive an arbitrary label from something (a computer algorithm) that doesn't think?
Becuase they want to?

A test designed by some of the smartest minds in political science to show were you are in realation to others in you views.

I don't know some may find that interesting.

Most people know were they sit but it is interesting to see where others sit. Especially when those others shear a common hobby like oh I don't know... trek.

I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

I don't enjoy having an arbitrary label thrown on me by someone who doesn't know anything about me. Some very bright people have called me communist, others have called me a hard core fascist. Some think I invest too much faith in the free market, while others wouldn't be surprised if I advocated nationalizing retail shops.

And these are people who actually know the real me. If they can't pin it down, how can someone in a lab coat 4,000 kilometres away?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Do you know what you are? Sure you don't like labels but you have opinions on things like social freedoms and the economy thus you lean towards one of the political groups more than others in your mind. Take the test and see if it's right. I know of over a dozen people who have either done this test or the more advanced one and it generally gets them pretty good. The only people who don't get a good answer are those who lie to it.

But if you dont like being labeled piss off and leave it for people who are interested.

Dean Martlou
Master chief petty officer
Master chief petty officer

Post by Dean Martlou »

I Am Spartacus wrote:Why would anyone want to answer an arbitrary group of questions in order to receive an arbitrary label from something (a computer algorithm) that doesn't think?
i dub thee "Spoilsport".

go push an innocent little girl into a mud puddle..

Democrat (20e/55s)

You exhibit a very well-developed sense of Right and Wrong and believe in economic fairness. loc: (18, -113)
modscore: (12, 33)
raw: (1631)

EDIT: is that Adam Sandler?
Last edited by Dean Martlou on Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oops.

I shouldn't have told you that last part.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Centrist (36e/60s)
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

Teaos wrote:Do you know what you are? Sure you don't like labels but you have opinions on things like social freedoms and the economy thus you lean towards one of the political groups more than others in your mind. Take the test and see if it's right. I know of over a dozen people who have either done this test or the more advanced one and it generally gets them pretty good. The only people who don't get a good answer are those who lie to it.

But if you dont like being labeled **** off and leave it for people who are interested.
There's no need to be hostile. I'm free to offer my opinions.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You also have the right to remain silent.

If you didn't want to do it then don't. Your post was unnessesary and pointless considering other people apparently were interested.

I Am Spartacus
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by I Am Spartacus »

But like I said, I am free to offer my opinion. You too have the right to remain silent, and if you find my opinion so offensive you could have just as easily ignored it.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Your true political self:
You are a

Social Conservative
(38% permissive)

and an...

Economic Liberal
(33% permissive)

Totalitarian (33e/38s)

Pretty far from the truth...
Asking critical questions without any critical thinking to analyze detailed answers is pretty much the absolutley incorrect way to label a person's philosophical bent.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Wow I have only ever seen one other person get Totalitarian.