USS Daystrom Beta Prep

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: USS Daystrom Beta Prep

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Ouch. Nice trap, Monroe.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Thanks. Munro's still got a lot of troops left but he lost a sizable chunk.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well, I'd guess you can have the platoon from the Shadow Fox - IIRC, we landed them with transport enhancers. They might have one of Thorin's jeeps with them, too.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You can move the fleet if you want to.

Well this has gotten... gory.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

What, my post, or Monroe's? :P
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Should I move in the Shadow Fox to rescue the injured?
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

If you want but I dont know if they would all fit. It seems like Monrow killed quite a few.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

ChakatBlackstar wrote:Should I move in the Shadow Fox to rescue the injured?
If I were you, I'd bring in the Fox's platoon to reinforce Munro and set up those transport enhancers... good thing I thought of sending those, hmmm?

BTW - I had no intention of going one way or the other with my last post. I doidn't necessarily want to have to fend of boarders, but I wanted to leave some options open for other folks. There's room there for Thorin, with either the Daystrom starting to kick some ass if Brotherhood shields fail a/o with the recalled fighters; for Reliant; or for Teaos, if he wants to move us into the next phase of the story.
as Bull offed Custer
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

Are people just out of ideas at this point?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think it's time to move towards a conclusion, rather than just more details of the battle. Monroe appears to be reaching a conclusion (perhaps Rochey can assist,) the ODP's and planetary cannon have been taken care of, and the Daystrom's pretty much taken its lumps and accounted for itself.
as Bull offed Custer
Monroe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Monroe »

Yeah I was planning on getting to the command center next post but was going to let the battle move towards the Dakota first. Like a desperate attempt to save the day by the Brotherhoods.
How many Minbari does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
None. They always surrender right before they finish the job and never tell you why.

-Remain Star Trek-
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

That sounds like a logical way to move forward.
as Bull offed Custer
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I'm currently working on Commander Lewis' post-brotherhood battle future. I'm tossing around ideas w/ him being dragged back to SI. I don't know yet. Also, I'm not sure if the Katana will be doing anything more in the battle, I'm thinking the WC is damaged beyond repair so we're kinda just floating there praying there's someone left to tow us home when it's all over.

Something will get put up eventually.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

me,myself and I wrote:I'm currently working on Commander Lewis' post-brotherhood battle future. I'm tossing around ideas w/ him being dragged back to SI. I don't know yet. Also, I'm not sure if the Katana will be doing anything more in the battle, I'm thinking the WC is damaged beyond repair so we're kinda just floating there praying there's someone left to tow us home when it's all over.

Didn't you see? Thompson isn't absent-minded; he ordered the Brawly to tow you guys out of the combat zone. :)
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
me,myself and I wrote:I'm currently working on Commander Lewis' post-brotherhood battle future. I'm tossing around ideas w/ him being dragged back to SI. I don't know yet. Also, I'm not sure if the Katana will be doing anything more in the battle, I'm thinking the WC is damaged beyond repair so we're kinda just floating there praying there's someone left to tow us home when it's all over.

Didn't you see? Thompson isn't absent-minded; he ordered the Brawly to tow you guys out of the combat zone. :)
I meant after the whole battle was over, you know, back to starbase and such. But I appreciate the Captains caring. :-)
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."