Torchwood 2x11: Adrift

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Torchwood 2x11: Adrift

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starting in about 10 minutes.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Another pretty good episode - even Gwen's not taking the hint to drop it was well portrayed. It's also good to see the effects of what Torchwood deals with, and to have it hammered home that the Institute is secret for a reason.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Well, that ending was.....fairly depressing. All in all, a good episode. Gwen's investigation was well done, and the idea of the hidden base on the island was pretty good.
I feel bad for Jonah's mother, though. :(
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:Well, that ending was.....fairly depressing. All in all, a good episode. Gwen's investigation was well done, and the idea of the hidden base on the island was pretty good.
I feel bad for Jonah's mother, though. :(
I think "depressing" was the general idea - it's good to see the implications of the Rift's influence on everyone other than Torchwood considered once in a while.

Plus, we got to see Gwen actually demonstrating that she's got a brain in there somewhere, even if she showed her usual intelligence when Jack told her to drop it. Seriously - any idiot could figure out that a) if the Rift is taking people then there's sod-all anyone can do about it, and b) Jack was warning her that carrying on would not have happy consequences.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I think "depressing" was the general idea - it's good to see the implications of the Rift's influence on everyone other than Torchwood considered once in a while.
Agreed. We don't often see the consequences of what goes on at Torchwood. It was a nice change.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"