Torchwood 2x09: Something Borrowed

Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Torchwood 2x09: Something Borrowed

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starts in half an hour. No poll, since they tend not to get used.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Beat me to it. :)
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Not a great episode I thought, didn't like the idea of not being able to stop the "mother2 with two clips from their guns but I did like Reese trying to use the chainsaw :)
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Gah, another episode centered around Gwen's stupidity. :roll:

2/5 at best.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The first half was cringe-inducing crap - lots of Welsh idiots flapping around like headless chickens. Once it got into the real action it got better, albeit because it was easier to sit back and disengage brain.

The only good bits were the Owen-Tosh scenes, particularly the ongoing digs about Owen being dead. Hopefully they won't over-do it.

TW stupidity:
Gwen as you say, although that can be taken for granted.
The whole team was distinctly blase about tackling a shapeshifter - they never even considered pairing up, or setting up code-phrases in case of separation. The Founders would have them for breakfast.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

The only good bits were the Owen-Tosh scenes, particularly the ongoing digs about Owen being dead. Hopefully they won't over-do it.
Since I'm one episode ahead of everyone here, I can let you know that they don't over do it next week. In fact, there's precisely one mention of it that I can remember in the next episode.
Enkidu
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Enkidu »

Only saw the last five minutes - the wedding location been five miles from my house. (By foot, about 10 miles by car) I had no idea they had been filming there; You think someone round here might have mentioned it.