Gravity on the Death Star

Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Gravity on the Death Star

Post by Bryan Moore »

So this has been a constant debate at school how gravity works on the death star. A core that massive should have its own gravity, which would make things really confusing as far as transition zones go, etc. But as we see in cutaways, and as is imlied in the docking bays, the decks are layed out stacked. Any ideas?
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

They probably use their AG to smooth any problems out and the gravity produced by the DSI or DSII would likely not be anywhere near 1g. So it wouldn't present much of a challenge for them.
Blackstar the Chakat
Banned

Post by Blackstar the Chakat »

In a diagram in the incredible cross-sections it claimed that the outer levels were orianted towards the surface like on a planet, which makes sense, considering that's how the surface weapons are oriented since combat against the station would be more like a small moon with a huge superweapon and engines then a station. The inner levels were up and down with the station's north pole being 'up'.
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Cpl Kendall wrote:They probably use their AG to smooth any problems out and the gravity produced by the DSI or DSII would likely not be anywhere near 1g. So it wouldn't present much of a challenge for them.
With a core that is meant to be a reactor that had enough energy for all of that, you'd think it would have some immense gravity.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Aaron
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Aaron »

Bryan Moore wrote:
With a core that is meant to be a reactor that had enough energy for all of that, you'd think it would have some immense gravity.
I suppose that depends on the nature of hyperwater, I hear it's superdense. But if they have the energy to destroy a planet than using AG to smooth things out on the DS shouldn't be a problem. Things approaching the DS might be another matter. There's talk on other boards that it would have drastic effects on Alderaan and Endor.