Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Everything else
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Post by T'Pau »

A 10 part series on Apple+, about how the group Monarch was formed and how the secrets of the Titans have been kept and now passed down to a third generation.
Kurt Russell and his son Wyatt play the same character generations apart, which is a wonderful character study for them. His character is the friend/partner at Monarch of the John Goodman character we see in the later Godzilla/Kong films, and we see how that friendship began and develops.

I'm 3 episodes in, and enjoying it so far. Plenty of excitement and tension, a few monsters already that are new to me (not sure if they are new overall). Worth a watch.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Post by T'Pau »

Episodes 4-6 and things get better and better! The monsters are cinematic in quality, acting is decent, and even with all the timey-wimey stuff, a plot that is mostly followable (a few important points have seemingly slipped past without explanation, hoping they resolve them over the final 4 episodes). Fun series, worth a warch!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

Post by McAvoy »

I really need to watch this. I have seen some clips already and it looks great.

Lots to feast on for Godzilla fans.

Side note, Godzilla Minus One deserves every bit the praise it is getting.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"