Patrick Stewart: How Star Trek: Picard Was Really Supposed to End

Star Trek : Picard
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Patrick Stewart: How Star Trek: Picard Was Really Supposed to End

Post by Nutso »

https://time.com/6318023/patrick-stewar ... pt-picard/
“What I’d like to see at the end of the show,” I told them, “is a content Jean-Luc. I want to see Picard perfectly at ease with his situation. Not anxious, not in a frenzy, not depressed. And I think this means that there is a wife in the picture.”

You see, the line between Jean-Luc and me has grown ever more blurred. If I have found true love, shouldn’t he?

The writers came up with a lovely scene. It is dusk at Jean-Luc’s vineyard. His back is to us as he takes in the view, his dog at his side.

Then, off-screen, a woman’s loving voice is heard: “Jean-Luc? Supper’s ready!”

Is it Beverly Crusher’s voice? Laris’s? Someone we don’t know? It isn’t made clear. But Sunny was set to record the lines.

Heeding his wife’s call, Jean-Luc turns around, says to his dog, “C’mon, boy,” and heads inside. Dusk fades to night, and Picard fades into history.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Patrick Stewart: How Star Trek: Picard Was Really Supposed to End

Post by Coalition »

Nutso wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:20 am https://time.com/6318023/patrick-stewar ... pt-picard/
“What I’d like to see at the end of the show,” I told them, “is a content Jean-Luc. I want to see Picard perfectly at ease with his situation. Not anxious, not in a frenzy, not depressed. And I think this means that there is a wife in the picture.”

You see, the line between Jean-Luc and me has grown ever more blurred. If I have found true love, shouldn’t he?

The writers came up with a lovely scene. It is dusk at Jean-Luc’s vineyard. His back is to us as he takes in the view, his dog at his side.

Is it Beverly Crusher’s voice? Laris’s? Someone we don’t know? It isn’t made clear. But Sunny was set to record the lines.

Heeding his wife’s call, Jean-Luc turns around, says to his dog, “C’mon, boy,” and heads inside. Dusk fades to night, and Picard fades into history.
Vash?
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
SlipperyStream47
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Re: Patrick Stewart: How Star Trek: Picard Was Really Supposed to End

Post by SlipperyStream47 »

Coalition wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:22 pm
Nutso wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:20 am https://time.com/6318023/patrick-stewar ... pt-picard/

Vash?
That would be a weird and disturbing twist. Plus, I think she's much younger than him.
Also, I would feel bad for Laris if Picard marries Beverly because she essentially gets ghosted by Picard during the whole show. Does she deserve to get abandoned again?
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”