"Subspace Rhapsody:" Which song was your favorite?

Star Trek : Strange New Worlds

Star Trek Strange New Worlds Main Title (Subspace Rhapsody Version)
No votes
Status Report
No votes
Connect to Your Truth
No votes
How Would That Feel
No votes
Private Conversation
No votes
Keeping Secrets
No votes
I’m Ready
No votes
I’m the X
No votes
Keep Us Connected
33%
We Are One
67%
Subspace Rhapsody End Credit Medley
No votes

Total votes: 3
SlipperyStream47
Petty officer second class

Post by SlipperyStream47 »

I watched "Subspace Rhapsody" recently, and I absolutely loved it. The singing was more impressive than I thought it would be, though I'm sure some auto-tune came into play. Even so, it takes some skill and training to produce that kind of singing. And the emotions written into the songs were genuine. This is one of the aspects I like about SNW compared to some of the episodes from modern Trek. The entirety of DISCO, for example, forcefully and superficially draws out emotions. It misplaces those moments and doesn't create a story that truly pulls at my heartstrings.

SNW, on the other hand, uses emotion well. The suspense and drama are effective at creating suspense and deeper connections with the characters. The raw emotions that they display are justifiable and understandable. And the songs in "Subspace Rhapsody" were a perfect outlet of expression, at least in my opinion.

At any rate, what were your favorite songs from the episode, if you like any of them? Personally, my favorites were "Keep Us Connected," sung by Uhura (Celia Rose Gooding) and "How Would that Feel," sung by La'an (Christina Chong). "Keeping Secrets," sung by Una (Rebecca Romijn) also gets a honorable mention on my list.

Choose an option, and if there are any others you particularly enjoyed, mention them in the comments below!
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: "Subspace Rhapsody:" Which song was your favorite?

Post by McAvoy »

Not one. I hate musicals with a passion. I fast forward through the episodes as much as I can. I did the same here and even thd got the gist of the episode through it.

My problem with the episode isn't that it's a musical episode so it's automatically bad like alot of fans treat it. My problem is that this sort of episode would have worked better if the seasons were longer. Like at least 16 episodes or more longer per season, not ten.

Not to mention we also had the cartoon crossover as well. I guess this series is going to have one or two weird or experimental episodes per season now?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
SlipperyStream47

Re: "Subspace Rhapsody:" Which song was your favorite?

Post by SlipperyStream47 »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:33 am Not one. I hate musicals with a passion. I fast forward through the episodes as much as I can. I did the same here and even thd got the gist of the episode through it.

My problem with the episode isn't that it's a musical episode so it's automatically bad like alot of fans treat it. My problem is that this sort of episode would have worked better if the seasons were longer. Like at least 16 episodes or more longer per season, not ten.

Not to mention we also had the cartoon crossover as well. I guess this series is going to have one or two weird or experimental episodes per season now?
Personally, I do not share your passionate hatred for musicals, :D but I really don't love them either. However, this is Star Trek. And it's different. I'd say you were missing out on a lot by skipping all those songs. Yes, it's a little weird, and some of the songs are not as good as the others, but there were times when the episode shined. La'an's and Uhura's power ballades were a couple of examples. If you don't want to watch the episode, then perhaps you could listen to the playlist, which is on YouTube. Just consider giving the music a try!
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”