Nitpick: First Contact

Discuss the site here - suggestions, comments, complaints, etc.
JudgeKing
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Nitpick: First Contact

Post by JudgeKing »

When Picard and Lily were entering the holodeck, how did they go from what they were wearing outside the holodeck to a tuxedo and dress?
There is not a problem in this world that can't be solved without the proper application of a sufficient number of thermonuclear ordnance.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

I supose it could be the holodeck making their clothes look like something else.
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I'll go with that theory. If the holodeck can make you look black & white, I'm sure it can alter your appearance as well.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

In fact, I had always assumed that it did, and if someone dressed before going in to the holodeck it was simply beacuse they had an often-used program and preferred a tailored costume rather than the holodeck-generated one.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
jnadreth
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by jnadreth »

Didn't anyone watch the last episode of Enterprise-Will Riker deactivated his Enterprise holo-program and his uniform changed from a 2150's era to his usual 2360's one. The holodeck creates holoclothes that go over the ones u wear.
"I have a starship, now I'm heading through a wormhole to a galaxy very far away and in the distant past"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Doesn't Picard look at Lily and comment to himself "Perhaps something in Satin" - or something like that. It looked to me like he was deciding what Lily was going to wear and inputting it into the program before entering.