Babylon 5 The Road Home

McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Babylon 5 The Road Home

Post by McAvoy »

Discuss
Last edited by McAvoy on Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Babylon 5 The Road Home

Post by Nutso »

Looks cool. I can't wait to watch it.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Could never figure out how to imbed Youtube here.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Very easy to embed YouTube. Grab the video code from youtube. For example, at random:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvroLTbhJ50

The code is UvroLTbhJ50, simply wrap that in the YouTube tag.

[ youtube ]UvroLTbhJ50[ /youtube ] <--- I've deliberately added spaces before and after the [ ] to prevent it from working.

email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I wonder what I did wrong.

Nice video though.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:54 am I wonder what I did wrong.

Nice video though.
This is what you tried to embed:

Code: Select all

https://youtu.be/Z54XNJivHOs
You have to embed Z54XNJivHOs in the Youtube tag. Edit your OP so you can see for yourself.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Yup. You can't put the whole thing in. Just he code, in this case Z54XNJivHOs
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:02 am
McAvoy wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 5:54 am I wonder what I did wrong.

Nice video though.
This is what you tried to embed:

Code: Select all

https://youtu.be/Z54XNJivHOs
You have to embed Z54XNJivHOs in the Youtube tag. Edit your OP so you can see for yourself.
Now I know I am getting old. I swear you had to put the whole Youtube link in there.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

No, just the code :)
email, ergo spam
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Be nice if you could highlight the youtube link, press the media button, and it would automatically convert the full link into the Youtube code.

Or clicking on it will cause a pop-up with a text box that lets you insert the youtube link, and the site converts automatically.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

There is only so much you can do with forum software.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Watched it last night.

Basically it's a movie of B5's greatest hits, or time periods. Jumping to the alternate universe of B4 where B5 got attacked by the Shadows, forward in time after Sheridan's death, back in time visiting that far his family has, a time when the Shadows won and the Vorlons are sore losers.

It ends though instead of our Prime timeline of a timeline where there was no Shadow war, Delenn is still full Minbari, both Lockley and Sinclair are on the station but that could just be a cameo of sorts.

Makes me wonder why they ended it like that. Like the start of a different Babylon 5?

Anyway, so they designed the Shadow Battle crab, you can actually see the details on it. You can see more of the Shadows themselves. I think they also modified Babylon 5 itself as the non-moving spine has extra stuff on it. I may need to do a side by side comparison.

Voice acting. With so many of the original cast gone, obviously they had to bring in someone to fill in. G'Kar was the only one way way way off. Everyone else sounded as close as possible with Delenn possibly the second worse imitation. I guess the accent was hard to duplicate as well as Furlan's style of speech.

Overall good it's not bad. They probably could do better with thd animation making some of the characters more pronounced in their look.

I wouldn't mind a second movie in animation tbh. Though I doubt they could truly do a whole series in animation.

Go watch it, support it if you like Babylon 5. Positive support for this would go a long way to getting more.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I LOVE Babylon 5, I have every DVD from the universe up until now. I shall probably buy this on Amazon tomorrow (I don't do BluRays, and it seems this is only available through BluRay or streaming). I'll watch it over the weekend.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:32 pm I LOVE Babylon 5, I have every DVD from the universe up until now. I shall probably buy this on Amazon tomorrow (I don't do BluRays, and it seems this is only available through BluRay or streaming). I'll watch it over the weekend.
Me too. Every couple of years I will re-watch the show more so than any other show including Star Trek though DS9 is second. I find it be veey rewatchable. Though I find the fifth season to be a bit of a drag due to dooche canoe long haired smug idiot.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:47 am
Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:32 pm I LOVE Babylon 5, I have every DVD from the universe up until now. I shall probably buy this on Amazon tomorrow (I don't do BluRays, and it seems this is only available through BluRay or streaming). I'll watch it over the weekend.
Me too. Every couple of years I will re-watch the show more so than any other show including Star Trek though DS9 is second. I find it be veey rewatchable. Though I find the fifth season to be a bit of a drag due to dooche canoe long haired smug idiot.
Byron did have a few good points. How many times did people simply tell Lyta what to do and she would obey, vs Lyta doing things of her own choice.

Or when the Vorlons were kicked off the station, and due to them no longer paying her rent Sheridan later had Lyta kicked out of her quarters in spite of everything that she had done for them.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)