Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Blue Beetle – Official Trailer

Post by McAvoy »

Interresting but I can see this bombing in the theaters.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

It looks ok, but then again its DC so I'm sure they'll find a way for fook it up.
email, ergo spam
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

This looks interesting, but yeah being DC I am not overly hopeful.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

With thd Flash bombing no way will this do any better. And it looks like Gunn is about to launch his DC Gunverse soon, which makes me think maybe he should hold off. Maybe do some lower budget lesser known DC super hero stand alone movies.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Something more cheery than the doom vision of past DC stuff would be a vast improvement. I mean Superman with a dad that tells him never to help anyone is just plain wrong.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:55 am Something more cheery than the doom vision of past DC stuff would be a vast improvement. I mean Superman with a dad that tells him never to help anyone is just plain wrong.
Probably will be more light hearted. Lots of Gunn/Josh Whedon style quips I bet too.

I think they should sit down (and Marvel should do it to) and figure out exactly what is wrong. Is there a connection between the movies, like did Gunn cancel the Synderverse style DCCU really affect the viewer. Was it the actor or actors? Was it just a bad movie? Like Black Adam, Shazam and now Flash bombing hard. Sounds like Aquaman 2 is struggling now too with reshoots.

Or maybe there is truth to the general public being just tired of superherk movies.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

The big trap that DC fell into was thinking that Batman, an inherently dark sort of thing was applicable to every movie they ever made. Superman was dark because Batman was. Synder was allowed to rule and he shouldn't really have been allowed out of his padded cell.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:35 am The big trap that DC fell into was thinking that Batman, an inherently dark sort of thing was applicable to every movie they ever made. Superman was dark because Batman was. Synder was allowed to rule and he shouldn't really have been allowed out of his padded cell.
I think it's two traps they fell into. Trying to replicate Nolan's look combined with Snyder's. The second is Synder himself. If you look into him and the beginning of his Synderverse, he actually has no clue about Superman or Batman. Like what their characters are really about. He just didn't understand them.
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

McAvoy wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:35 am Interresting but I can see this bombing in the theaters.
And bombs away!!! Awful film on the whole, even with a few cool 'gadget' moments. Was quick to exit the theaters and appears elsewhere. When their only 'name' actor (to use the term very lightly) is George Lopez, it was doomed from the start. P-U...what a stinker.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Yup, it was pretty dire. Nice outfit when she's on her bike though :)
email, ergo spam