U.S.S. Enterprise-F

Star Trek : Picard
SlipperyStream47
Petty officer second class

U.S.S. Enterprise-F

Post by SlipperyStream47 »

What do you all think of the Odyssey-class Enterprise-F? The ship finally made its appearance in the episode "Vox." I was expecting something more from the reveal--it felt a little bit...bland. Although maybe it's because I play Star Trek: Online and I've seen the ship already. Ex Astris Scientia called the ship a "fat bucket," but in my opinion, that's really harsh. I honestly think it looks pretty nice. I wouldn't say it's my favorite design, but I like it.

“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: U.S.S. Enterprise-F

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Certainly like the design more than the Titan. Yes, the reveal was a bid boring really, could have been a bit more something, I don't know.

I've never played Star Trek Online, but due to my own Star Trek fanverse, I know of the class from various Wikis.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
SlipperyStream47

Post by SlipperyStream47 »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:35 pm Certainly like the design more than the Titan. Yes, the reveal was a bid boring really, could have been a bit more something, I don't know.

I've never played Star Trek Online, but due to my own Star Trek fanverse, I know of the class from various Wikis.
The design is definitely prettier and more era-appropriate. I'm finally getting used to the Titan-A, though.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:35 pm Certainly like the design more than the Titan. Yes, the reveal was a bid boring really, could have been a bit more something, I don't know.

I agree. I do the same due to a wiki I run with you. I know of the class from various wikis due to the fact that they are listed on our own wiki.
Jupiter97740
Crewman
Crewman

Post by Jupiter97740 »

A good ship done rather dirty by the Picard show runners. The same goes for the class as well, since I don’t imagine they’ll be showing up in the Jack Crusher show, the only real hope to see them again is probably Lower Decks.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Jupiter97740 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:33 pm A good ship done rather dirty by the Picard show runners. The same goes for the class as well, since I don’t imagine they’ll be showing up in the Jack Crusher show, the only real hope to see them again is probably Lower Decks.
The last episode had them even while under control by the Borg had them as a focal point for each segment of the fleet. Would not surprise me that the E-F class act like the one of big ships of the fleet for the Legacy show.

But considering how little consideration is made for canon, established timelines, etc that they make everything different for Legacy. Like the new E-G being the match for everything.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"