"Star Trek: Starfleet Academy" officially a go at Paramount Plus

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

"Star Trek: Starfleet Academy" officially a go at Paramount Plus

Post by Nutso »

https://tvline.com/2023/03/30/star-trek ... ount-plus/
The streaming service announced Thursday that it has handed a series order to Star Trek: Starfleet Academy, its fifth live-action Star Trek series (and seventh Trek series overall). Franchise boss Alex Kurtzman and Noga Landau (The CW’s Nancy Drew) will serve as co-showrunners and executive producers.

“Admission is now open to Starfleet Academy!” Kurtzman and Landau said in a statement. “Explore the galaxy! Captain your destiny! For the first time in over a century, our campus will be re-opened to admit individuals a minimum of 16 Earth years (or species equivalent) who dream of exceeding their physical, mental and spiritual limits, who value friendship, camaraderie, honor and devotion to a cause greater than themselves.
I've seen a byline that says, "Trek gets its Riverdale." This made my insides turn cold.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Star Trek: Starfleet Academy" officially a go at Paramount Plus

Post by IanKennedy »

There have been ideas about this for ages, I hoped it would never see the light of day. Hey ho. We'll have to see how it is.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

IanKennedy wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:40 pm There have been ideas about this for ages, I hoped it would never see the light of day. Hey ho. We'll have to see how it is.
I've never seen "Riverdale." I've read about "Riverdale," and I would never give something that is comparable to "Riverdale" a chance, except that this is Star Trek.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

This can be really bad like CW bad. I hope they don't go that route.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"