Star Trek: Picard | Final Season Trailer | Paramount+ (spoilers)

Star Trek : Picard
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Star Trek: Picard | Final Season Trailer | Paramount+ (spoilers)

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Yeah, I am really enjoying this so far for the most part.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

I read some speculation that Season 3 is being used as a springboard for a new Star Trek show with Seven and Captain Shaw. Only speculation, no evidence. What do you think of that? Is Shaw's dickheadedness something that can be turned into television? Do Todd Stashwick and Jerri Lynn have a workable chemistry?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

It's certainly an interesting idea. I'd be interested in watching it. I know Shaw is a dickhead, but I think by the end of the season they could make his and Seven's working relationship improved, and make a show for them.

There's been a slew of ideas for new shows in recent years though, so whether any will happen (I am sure at least one or two will) is anyone's guess.

I still don't really like the Titan, and am somewhat confused by the "-A" suffix, which would suggest that Riker's Titan was destroyed or scrapped and a new one built, unless they simply re-registered the ship following her complete overhaul.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Jeri Ryan has signed on for season 2 of Dark Winds on AMC. She will play a femme fatale role who attacks Navajo Nation police. DWs is an adaptation of the stories and characters of the Tony Hillerman novels...great show!

If the powers that be at Paramount + want her to reprise Seven in a Star Trek series, will be a while.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

So Picard Season 3 is the only show I look forward to every week. What a turnaround for me from Season 2. The creative team keeps me wanting to know what's happening next week.
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Another episode full of twisting and turning and unanswered questions...if only ALL of Picard had been this good!!
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Yes, I have just seen part 5, another excellent episode. I am really stuck with what is happening with Jack, but was great to see the return of another TNG character, and resolution to her story.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

It's okay to talk about the show freely as this is a Spoilers thread.
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Best episode yet...so much happening while being filled with call backs to previous elements of ST lore..super fun!
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

The TNG guest stars are raising the bar on each and every episode so far...really a fun watch!

WTF *is* Jack?? And does Jean Luc have the same abilities if it is related to the incorrect diagnosis in his past??
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

I wasn't as blown away by the latest episode, but overall still great, and really looking forward to next weeks and (hopefully) finding out what the deal is with Jack (and possibly Picard).
SlipperyStream47
Petty officer second class
Petty officer second class

Post by SlipperyStream47 »

I've been wondering if they were going to do anything with the TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise reference. I'd honestly be kind of disappointed if it really went nowhere.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Some great moments in this weeks episode. We've finally got the TNG crew back together, sat around a table in a briefing room.

Data's battle with Lore has some interesting memories thrown in, including Yar, Poker and obviously Spot.

Jack's ploy on the bridge was a good one and it was nice to see the popsicle moment.

However, once again we fail to find out what it is about Jack, some sort of dark hitch hiker. It made me think of "Mr. Hengist" from TOS : "Wolf in the Fold".
email, ergo spam
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

It felt abrupt with the treatment of Plummer...such a fantastic character...poof...moving on...almost as if the writers suddenly remembered how few episodes remain.

The Jack questions still hovers ominously...hope the payoff is a good one.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Spot was again referred to as male (he), despite being pregnant at one point during TNG.

I agree about Vadic, seemed very abrupt. Nice to see her shatter into a million pieces though.

I am really intrigued by what is going on with Jack. I have heard/seen several theories, I wonder if any of them will be the actual outcome. Possibly.

Loved to see them all seated together around the table again, and all back together.

Can't believe there are only two more episodes, and then no more Picard. The end of his story.

It was great to see Data defeat Lore by using his most precious memories, as a lure.

As I was at my Aunt's last night, I was not going to be able to see it until later tonight, but I couldn't wait and watched it on my new tablet in bed last night instead.

I had heard that Tasha would be in it in some way, I guess it was just the memory of her during Data's struggle with Lore.

All in all, I felt it was better than last weeks, which I felt was not as good as the rest of the season, and I am really excited to see the last two episodes.