Post by Nutso »

"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: House of the Dragon | Episode 1 (Free) | HBO Max

Post by T'Pau »

3 episodes in and while it has a similar feel to the source material (both books and tv series), it seems to be lacking something...can't put my finger on it exactly...still enjoyable to watch so far.
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

T'Pau wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:06 pm 3 episodes in and while it has a similar feel to the source material (both books and tv series), it seems to be lacking something...can't put my finger on it exactly...still enjoyable to watch so far.
Is it the time jumping? Months to years have passed between episodes and it's only been 3 episodes so far.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

Even larger time jumping ahead, based on casting both young and adult actors for the same roles. And no, it isn't that aspect...might be the actors themselves or the writers...seems to be missing some "oomph" or edge or something. Remains enjoyable so far, hoping it continues!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nutso wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:47 pm
T'Pau wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:06 pm 3 episodes in and while it has a similar feel to the source material (both books and tv series), it seems to be lacking something...can't put my finger on it exactly...still enjoyable to watch so far.
Is it the time jumping? Months to years have passed between episodes and it's only been 3 episodes so far.
It could be that. As in not giving more time in between them to buildup everyone so when the final big time jump happens, we will have the characters well established.

But I think it is lacking the charm of the original series. There's no quips, jokes, more light hearted down to Earth moments. It's all serious.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"