Sagan class Stargazer

Star Trek : Picard
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sagan class Stargazer

Post by IanKennedy »

So I'm wondering what people thought of the new Stargazer in season 2 of Star Trek Picard. Does anyone know of an estimate for the length of the ship? Alternately, what size do you think it is?

Just for reference the old Stargazer was 231m according to the DS9 TM. Sovereign class is 680m.

I would think this is quite a large slip, partially due to the very long nacelles and also judging by how massive the corridors and bridge are. My first guesstimate would be around the 500m mark.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Sagan class Stargazer

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:00 pm So I'm wondering what people thought of the new Stargazer in season 2 of Star Trek Picard. Does anyone know of an estimate for the length of the ship? Alternately, what size do you think it is?

Just for reference the old Stargazer was 231m according to the DS9 TM. Sovereign class is 680m.

I would think this is quite a large slip, partially due to the very long nacelles and also judging by how massive the corridors and bridge are. My first guesstimate would be around the 500m mark.
I think it's definitely large. If I recall someone mentioning it being in the 600 meter range when you factor in the nacelles. One site has it as being 540 meters.

Perhaps we need to acquire a side view to count the decks.

Are you updating the site for Picard? Here is a list of ships identified in Picard if you are planning on adding the ship names.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant ... ssion/amp/
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Yes, season 2 write-ups are in progress. I've found the following:

https://twitter.com/DaveBlass/status/15 ... 6677675008

Which provides a startling amount of detail of the ships. It is by Dave Blass, production designer for STP... that has the Stargazer down 540.7m in length.
email, ergo spam
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Star Trek Central:
Trekyards:
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

To be honest I am starting to like the design more and more.

It has a logical and smart design to it. Sometimes it seems like there are too many Trek ships that are designed just to look cool and that's about it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"