Small-minded, petty things you hate...

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Small-minded, petty things you hate...

Post by thelordharry »

OK, I admit it. I'm a middle-aged man who's becoming grumpier by the day. I'm the one with the problem, not everyone else. That said...

What are some things that really annoy you that deep down you know you've no right to get annoyed at?

Here's a few of mine to get started:
  • People who use the word 'super' as an adverb (I didn't sleep all night and I'm super tired today)
  • Hyperbole as normal. People doing the most ordinary of things and describing that they 'smashed it'. Where do we go when superlatives are the norm?
  • Youtube thumbnails. You know what I mean. Red circles. People with mouth agape or showing exaggerated emotional state.
  • Any comments section. Particularly Youtube though. Sycophantic comments written to win fake internet points.
  • Dogs&1£ clickbait titles everywhere
  • Modern day, 'look at me, look at me look at me!' culture.
  • Intolerant old farts. Hang on...
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Re: Small-minded, petty things you hate...

Post by thelordharry »

to have succeeded.”
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

When there's traffic, and someone playing loud, bass-heavy music with their windows down. I ain't impressed with that pathetic scream for attention. I'm trying to get where I'm going without my ears being molested in this stressful situation.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
T'Pau
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T'Pau »

When I'm out of the hustle and bustle of the city, and enjoying some quiet time at my alternate location: the neighbor kid kicks his ball against MY fence for hours at a time...probably a latch-key kid with zero parental supervision and/or parents just don't give a sh*t. In time, the fence will break and then the 'talk' with the adults will come to 'I'm not paying for that'...safe bet!
"This is the Vulcan heart. This is the Vulcan soul. This is our way."
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

Nutso wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:51 pm When there's traffic, and someone playing loud, bass-heavy music with their windows down. I ain't impressed with that pathetic scream for attention. I'm trying to get where I'm going without my ears being molested in this stressful situation.
Lol yeah, and loud exhausts as well. Behaviour like that tells you everything you need to know about the car's occupant.
to have succeeded.”
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

T'Pau wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:40 pm When I'm out of the hustle and bustle of the city, and enjoying some quiet time at my alternate location: the neighbor kid kicks his ball against MY fence for hours at a time...probably a latch-key kid with zero parental supervision and/or parents just don't give a sh*t. In time, the fence will break and then the 'talk' with the adults will come to 'I'm not paying for that'...safe bet!
Swim upstream and make a pact with the neighbour on the other side of them. Concoct a plan for psychological warfare that will end when they move out.
to have succeeded.”
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I hate it when during snowstorms folks still leave their cars in front of their houses. It's bad enough driving. I don't need more fucking obstacles!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Old people taking their sweet time walking around the grocery store. Deciding whether to get the 79 cent can of beans or the 89 cent can. It's like someone driving 20 below on the highway posted speed in the left lane (fast lane for those who drive on the wrong side of the road).

I get it, they are old and this is their day adventure possibly for the week. It's bad around me because there are alot of retirement homes around me.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I got stuck behind someone who decided driving ten miles below the speed limit was a good thing. The weather wasn't bad, road wasn't bumpy or torn up. Just... urgh!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:38 pm I got stuck behind someone who decided driving ten miles below the speed limit was a good thing. The weather wasn't bad, road wasn't bumpy or torn up. Just... urgh!
I'd rather have that then those idiots doing 100 going in and out between the cars, cutting me off, causing others to hit the brakes etc.

I also hate those who decide that being in the far left lane that it's time to get on their exit... Now!

Last year while driving to Philadelphia I was driving in the middle lane. Minding my own business when suddenly the car hits the brakes, veers off to the right. I slam on the brakes and despite me being at a good distance from that car in front of me, it wasn't enough to for my car to not slam into the this idiot. The idiot decided to stop in the middle of the highway to get on his exit. On a highway known for the speed limit to be considered the lower limit.

I veered off to the left barely in time, but it was such a sharp cut that I did partially partially went on the green median. I had complete control, but imagine if I was looking at my radio or briefly looking down to grab my drink?

Yes the guy managed to take that exit without an accident. Sharp right, right into that exit. But hey at least he had his turn signal on!
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Post by thelordharry »

On a busy beach recently where a young family (middle aged parents and two young kids under 8) particularly the mother and father, continued to loudly act as though they were in private. And you could tell they thought everyone couldn't get enough of them. mf's, have some self-awareness, please. Save all that twee sh1t for when you're behind closed doors...
to have succeeded.”